UMICH "No Action" Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premeder8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know when in March those applicants who currently have received "no action" decisions from UMICH will hear back, one way or the other? Additionally, does anyone know of the likelihood of getting into UMICH after receiving a "no action" decision, based on previous years?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

premeder8 said:
Hello Everyone:

Does anyone know when in March those applicants who currently have received "no action" decisions from UMICH will hear back, one way or the other? Additionally, does anyone know of the likelihood of getting into UMICH after receiving a "no action" decision, based on previous years?

Thanks.

Good luck hearing anything from UMICH, as far as I can tell they never mailed me a rejection letter the last time I applied there. I had to call them to find out the status of my application and my ear is still ringing from being told "Rejection letter is in the mail" and then having the phone slammed down before I could say anything.

premeder8 said:
Hello Everyone:

Thanks.

It mean's we're toast.

Members don't see this ad :)
premeder8 said:
Hello Everyone:

Thanks.

March 15th via online status page by around 5pm or latest Thursday morning.

On 2/24 they said that 3/15 was the last day that they were meeting.

oldjeeps said:
Good luck hearing anything from UMICH, as far as I can tell they never mailed me a rejection letter the last time I applied there. I had to call them to find out the status of my application and my ear is still ringing from being told "Rejection letter is in the mail" and then having the phone slammed down before I could say anything.

so no hope?? Anyone ever get off the deferred list to get accepted??

maria219 said:
so no hope?? Anyone ever get off the deferred list to get accepted??

Some people have back in December I believe.

They said in the chat last night, I think, about 10 to 15 more acceptances will go out. That means all those who have interviewed and the deferal list have around 15 spots open for them. The last interview day is this friday 3/10.

Also, with them only accepting around 320 I think there will be some waitlist movement.

:luck:

Hopefully you will hear good news by next wed.

Depakote said:
I had a "No action" decision on my status page as of 3/3.

I just got the rejection letter in the mail today.

Is this post-interview? And does anyone know how long the post-interview deferred list is? Thanks

I thought that being deferred meant you were a "highly desirable candidate"? Is that not the case?

maria219 said:
Is this post-interview? And does anyone know how long the post-interview deferred list is? Thanks
In one of the online chats a while ago Dr. Remick said there were about 120 people on the deferred or "highly desirable" list. There are probably more now. It doesn't seem like the odds are very good.

maria219 said:

I think they said around 200 last night in the chat.