UMKC Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have advice on the CASPR exam, like what to expect, how to prepare?

Does anybody have advice on the CASPR exam, like what to expect, how to prepare?
There really isn't a way to fully prepare but I recommend watching youtube videos that break down how to answer scenario based questions in case you haven't found yourself in those scenarios. I feel like if you've done shadowing or worked in a dental setting (or anywhere really where you are offering service to others) you'll know how to approach situations. There really isn't a definite right or wrong answer so just be honest in how YOU would approach a situation. I only watched one youtube video because I was slightly apprehensive since I've never heard of CASPer but it really wasn't even bad...at least in my opinion. Definitely reread the points CASPer makes such as them not scoring you based on grammar and spelling because tat saves time to just type everything on your mind out. Don't be discouraged if you don't finish you full thoughts since different people score each question. Oh ALSO I HIGHLY recommend you time yourself since your given a time limit so go through some common questions and get a feel of the pace you should be talking and creating your thoughts at. That way when it's the real deal, you are familiar with what 2 minutes feel like. Time yourself while recording or simply starting into the camera. Record yourself if you want to see your body language and listen to your response. I had my camera open and timer on so I feel comfortable staring at my camera. Make sure day of test you aren't staring at yourself when responding instead look directly at the camera so it looks like you are talking to them. Also, sometimes when staring at ourselves speak, it can cause some people to fumble with their words.

Link to the video I watched:

Once you're done taking the test you'll see how fast it goes by and it'll be great! YOU WILL DO GREAT!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like on last year's thread that the first interview invite that was posted was end of August. Hopefully we start hearing back soon! 🤞

Just got my interview invite. Virtual was the only option and I'm doing it on the 24th of September.

Interview #2
School: UMKC
Notification date: 8/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/17/2021
Application complete date: 07/21/2021
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/23/none
Dates available: Mon Sept 13, 20 or 24 from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (I chose Sept 13th)
Method of interview: Zoom

Does anyone know if Snapshot for the CASPER exam is required?

I got put on a waitlist for interview type thing in january, anyone else get a similar email?

I got put on a waitlist for interview type thing in january, anyone else get a similar email?
My email said I was being reserved for future consideration in second round interviews which were said to take place in January. Not sure if this is the email you’re referring to

My email said I was being reserved for future consideration in second round interviews which were said to take place in January. Not sure if this is the email you’re referring to
yeah same email. mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
My email said I would not be given an interview this year :cryi:
GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/22/No

I know decision day is only a couple of days away! Hang tight! I'm a current D1 so if anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

Also, if you are still waiting on an interview and haven't gotten an invite yet, they do a second round of interviews in January. :)

Good luck, everyone!

interviewed in September and got an email saying I’d remain in consideration for their second round of acceptances at the end of January. Did anybody that interviewed NOT receive this email? Wondering if they sent it to all interviewees or if they’ve made a waitlist type thing.

Just got an email around noon that I’ve been reserved for consideration after second round interviews. I’ll take it!

Yeah, I also got that exact email. Were there any rejection letters that were sent out?

interviewed in September and got an email saying I’d remain in consideration for their second round of acceptances at the end of January. Did anybody that interviewed NOT receive this email? Wondering if they sent it to all interviewees or if they’ve made a waitlist type thing.
trust the process...

Accepted via... drumroll please... opening the packet that came in the mail when I got home.

Family's home phone received the call, so I called admissions back this afternoon :1whistle: oops.

I interviewed in October and got an email saying that I'm just on a waitlist and space might open up in the coming months, however it did not say anything about the second wave of acceptances being in January. It also just had me confirm that I want to be on the waitlist with Missy Shelton.

I interviewed in October and got an email saying that I'm just on a waitlist and space might open up in the coming months, however it did not say anything about the second wave of acceptances being in January. It also just had me confirm that I want to be on the waitlist with Missy Shelton.
Interesting. I’m not really sure which email would be considered the better one to receive. Thanks for sharing!

Hi! I received a call 8:50AM CST for an acceptance offer! PM me if you were also accepted and planning on going; we have a Class of 2026 GroupMe and FB page that you can join!

Has anyone heard anything more about the second round of acceptances that are supposed to be going out in the next week?

Last edited:
You won’t hear anything until actual acceptances go out! I couldn’t find a testing facility to take my DAT due to Covid, so I took it late and got a second round interview. I was accepted February 10th. If you haven’t heard back yet, hang in there! Good luck!

Hi! I received a call 8:50AM CST for an acceptance offer! PM me if you were also accepted and planning on going; we have a Class of 2026 GroupMe and FB page that you can join!
I turned down other offers and confirmed my acceptance over the weekend, is that FB group up and running? If so, would you be willing to send me the link?

Interviewed at the beginning of January, accepted this morning!

Just got the acceptance call about 15 minutes ago!

Didn't get the acceptance this year unfortunately. But I was wondering if anyone knew how long the DAT Test is good for? I took mine in 2020. Will I have to retake it again for the 2023-2024 cycle

Does UK release admission in waves or does it trickle in. I interviewed in October but Im still waitlisted :/. OOS

Didn't get the acceptance this year unfortunately. But I was wondering if anyone knew how long the DAT Test is good for? I took mine in 2020. Will I have to retake it again for the 2023-2024 cycle
2 years I think

I think it varies by school. I’d just email the school and ask and also see what else they want you to do to improve your application. I didn’t get an interview from UMKC last cycle but I think talking to them about ways to improve my app helped me this year.

anyone know what chances are getting off?
From my understanding, it all depends on whether a currently accepted student gives up their seat. That's when they pull from the waitlist.

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning via phone call!

Has anyone heard from the waitlist from the 2nd round of interviews? I was waitlisted on Feb 5th.

Has anyone heard from the waitlist from the 2nd round of interviews? I was waitlisted on Feb 5th.
They said there was some movement on the waitlist and they expect to have more in a couple of days!