UMKC Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: UMKC Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.64
DAT: 20.3AA, 19.6TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 719
OOS: 588 Applied, 106 Interviewed, 85 Accepted
IS: 121 Applied, 81 Interviewed, 72 Accepted
International: 10 Applied, 4 Interviewed, 3 Accepted
# Enrolled: 108
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.71
Science GPA: 3.59
DAT: 20.1AA, 19.7TS, 20.4PAT
Applied: 927
OOS: 788 Applied, 91 Accepted
IS: 127 Applied, 74 Accepted
International: 12 Applied, 1 Accepted
# Enrolled: 109
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.13-3.94
Overall: 3.27-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good luck everyone! I am an incoming D1 here at UMKC, feel free to ask any questions! Here to help!

Good luck everyone! I am an incoming D1 here at UMKC, feel free to ask any questions! Here to help!
Hi! Do they give preference to Missouri residents? The ADEA stats above about the class of 2026 is a bit confusing on "IS: 127 Applied, 74 Accepted" which means almost 60% of people who applied in the state got in? Also, when do they usually start sending interviews? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Do they give preference to Missouri residents? The ADEA stats above about the class of 2026 is a bit confusing on "IS: 127 Applied, 74 Accepted" which means almost 60% of people who applied in the state got in? Also, when do they usually start sending interviews? Thank you.
Correct, that's what In-State means. State schools get funding from their state governments to provide education to their residents. Hence a difference in tuition costs. Almost every state dental school in the US has a preference for their In-State residents. Some states even have legislation requiring schools to have their class size be a minimum number of IS students. UMN being an example has >60% of their students IS. The reason being IS students are more likely to practice in their home state compared to OOS students. So the goal is to produce practitioners who will practice in the state the dental school is in

So yes, if you're from MO, or if they grant surrounding states with no dental school reciprocity (then considered an IS resident), you are much more likely to get in compared to others applying out of state. As there’s generally less applicants competing for more seats available.

Check the interview tracker on the pre-dental main page and go to last year's thread. The link is at the top of the 2028 thread. First interview was sent out in late august.

Reactions: 1 user
Correct, that's what In-State means. State schools get funding from their state governments to provide education to their residents. Hence a difference in tuition costs. Almost every state dental school in the US has a preference for their In-State residents. Some states even have legislation requiring schools to have their class size be a minimum number of IS students. UMN being an example has >60% of their students IS. The reason being IS students are more likely to practice in their home state compared to OOS students. So the goal is to produce practitioners who will practice in the state the dental school is in

So yes, if you're from MO, or if they grant surrounding states with no dental school reciprocity (then considered an IS resident), you are much more likely to get in compared to others applying out of state.

Check the interview tracker on the pre-dental main page and go to last year's thread. The link is at the top of the 2028 thread. First interview was sent out in late august.
Perfect! This makes sense. Thank you so much. :)

I saw that the first round of interviews was sent on 07/26, if you got an interview, when did you submit/got verified? Thx.

Interview #6
Notification date:
8/11
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.57 Overall: 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 20TS, 25PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual 9/11
Research with one publication, 150 shadowing hours, 180 volunteer hours, 3 strong LORs

Interview #6
Notification date:
8/11
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.57 Overall: 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 20TS, 25PAT, No
Method of interview: Virtual 9/11
Research with one publication, 150 shadowing hours, 180 volunteer hours, 3 strong LORs
Hi! Congrats on your interview! Did you receive a supplemental application before the interview and if so when did you receive it? Thank you.

Thanks, supplemental is sent with interview invite.

Last edited:
I was also confused about that. I knew they had a supplemental application when you were invited to interview something like that in addition to the fee you pay.
Any news? It looks like the first round of interviews was sent a while back...
Hi, was the supplemental an essay? I'm confused as in an admissions meeting with a counselor, I was told that UMKC doesn't have a supplemental?

Sorry, I actually misspoke. There was an application fee that I paid on 6/15, but the secondary application is sent out with the interview invite and needs to be completed at least 10 days before interview.

hi does anyone know if they send invites during a specific time of the month/week or if they send in state/surrounding preference states first then farther away states later? i saw one oos interview but im not sure if they are from Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Hawaii (school has an agreement w these states). idk if i should assume im not getting an invite for a dec acceptance yet haha. im from indiana and this is a top 3 school for me so i am getting a little nervous. would it be inappropriate to reach out and express interest/tell them updates
trust the process...

Members don't see this ad :)
hi does anyone know if they send invites during a specific time of the month/week or if they send in state/surrounding preference states first then farther away states later? i saw one oos interview but im not sure if they are from Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Hawaii (school has an agreement w these states). idk if i should assume im not getting an invite for a dec acceptance yet haha. im from indiana and this is a top 3 school for me so i am getting a little nervous. would it be inappropriate to reach out and express interest/tell them updates
I’m from Arkansas, my interview is scheduled for next Monday the 11th. I don’t have any information on their interview selection process. But would also say to just trust the process.

Reactions: 1 users
They have a lot of interview days, and I think each day has about 10-20 interviewees. Not exact numbers there! But odds are someone in your interview class will be in your actual class.

rejected today
I am sorry about that!! Do you mind telling me when you applied? I haven't heard anything from this school, so probably low hopes for me too. also are you out of state or in state? thx

I am sorry about that!! Do you mind telling me when you applied? I haven't heard anything from this school, so probably low hopes for me too. also are you out of state or in state? thx
I applied in june, i live out of state and not from the schools they give preference to

did they say you were rejected rejected or did you get an email saying you will be considered for second-round interviews? i got an email mentioning second round consideration but idk if that is just a nice way of saying no?
They said they were unable to offer me a interview. which means rejected me

Got invited for a second-round interview in January today - people still waiting try to hold out!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone reserved for second-round interviews heard anything?

Accepted via phone call today! I have been waiting YEARS for this day to come!

Reactions: 4 users