UMKC School of Medicine 2020 Medical Scholars Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

effectedtag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My school is one of the 12 schools that has a linkage with the UMKC school of medicine. Essentially, you apply after sophomore of junior year of college and if accepted you gain acceptance to the school pending you receive an MCAT score of 500 or above.

I haven't been able to find much information on these forums about the program.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this program or had, themselves, applied and or matriculated to UMKC with this program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I actually attended the UMKC 6-year BA/MD program for one year before I withdrew and transferred elsewhere. My boyfriend and many of my friends still attend medical school there, so if you have any specific questions or want insight as to how the curriculum/social scene is structured, I'm always a private message away.

Reactions: 1 users
I just applied to this program! We'll see what happens!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at University of Illinois at Chicago! How about you?
I'm actually at UMKC. I was curious because you are the only other person I have seen that has applied but since we are from different schools we aren't competing for the same spot. Best of luck to you.

I'm actually at UMKC. I was curious because you are the only other person I have seen that has applied but since we are from different schools we aren't competing for the same spot. Best of luck to you.
Good luck to you as well! I attended their info session and it seems like they accept 1-2 people from each regional school. So yep, we're not competing with each other. I seriously can't wait for some sort of update from them.

Good luck to you as well! I attended their info session and it seems like they accept 1-2 people from each regional school. So yep, we're not competing with each other. I seriously can't wait for some sort of update from them.
Oh, I didn't even know they had an info session. I know, I'm getting slightly impatient lol. I saw on one of the threads that the MD students got interview invites on like 9/17 last year so I hope we will be getting our interview invite emails around the same time.

Oh, I didn't even know they had an info session. I know, I'm getting slightly impatient lol. I saw on one of the threads that the MD students got interview invites on like 9/17 last year so I hope we will be getting our interview invite emails around the same time.
They had an info session for UIC students since we were the latest school that was added to the list of eligible schools for this program. I'm hoping this coming week we hear something!