Umkc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, ya never know. I am very stressed right now because i have to turn in those questions by tomorrow, and i just got them! Did you guys answer them like in essay format, or did you just # and answer the questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, ya never know. I am very stressed right now because i have to turn in those questions by tomorrow, and i just got them! Did you guys answer them like in essay format, or did you just # and answer the questions?

I just numbered and answered the questions. No essay. :)

okay.. i was worried at first thinking i had to find a way to make it into an essay format...lol. I already called in sick to work tomorrow so that i can get this done :p You said you were going to the pre-interview party thing right? I think i might go as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay.. i was worried at first thinking i had to find a way to make it into an essay format...lol. I already called in sick to work tomorrow so that i can get this done :p You said you were going to the pre-interview party thing right? I think i might go as well.

I would have gone crazy and insane if I had to incorporate all those questions into an essay format. :laugh: Yes, I did RSVP for the pre-interview party already, so I guess I'll be looking forward to see you there. :)

Well... for everyone who has a UMKC interview this saturday.. expect snow...and lots of it. Ugh...

Well... for everyone who has a UMKC interview this saturday.. expect snow...and lots of it. Ugh...

I kind of expected snow, but not a lot!! Well, I went on Yahoo Weather and it says that you guys will have rain/snow shower on Saturday and pretty much rain throughout this week. Ahhh, thanks for the warning though! When you said a lot, do you mean several feet of snow?

I kind of expected snow, but not a lot!! Well, I went on Yahoo Weather and it says that you guys will have rain/snow shower on Saturday and pretty much rain throughout this week. Ahhh, thanks for the warning though! When you said a lot, do you mean several feet of snow?

I guess what i meant was ...alot of snow for then end of march. It's been in the 70's here for the last few weeks, so it's unexpected. I heard today that it could be up to 10 inches. Missouri is known for having the lowest funding for their public roads. The campus is usually well plowed, but everywhere else can be a mess when it snows.

I guess what i meant was ...alot of snow for then end of march. It's been in the 70's here for the last few weeks, so it's unexpected. I heard today that it could be up to 10 inches. Missouri is known for having the lowest funding for their public roads. The campus is usually well plowed, but everywhere else can be a mess when it snows.

Wow, that's a lot of snow...especially at this time of the year! I was going to drive around the area to check out apartments before the party tomorrow afternoon, but I guess my plan might change. It also says it's going to be windy on the interview day as well.

How did everyone's interview go yesterday?

Well i believe that my interview went well...in no way was it "super-fantastic" though. I was prepared for the essay and all of the questions, but the people who asked my questions were not as laid back as everyone else who i spoke with. One of my interviewers was muslim and refused a handshake..which made my entrance akward, and then he kept drilling me on the same question, like he was trying to get me to admit that i would do something illigal, or something against my moral values. So, anyways, it didn't go as great as i hoped that it would, but it wasn't a disaster either. How did everyone elses go?

I thought the interview went fine. When I say fine, I mean that it wasn't the best but it was in no means disastrous either. I think I saw my student interviewer at the Pre-Interview party when he gave us a tour of the Walgreen compounding lab. Other than that, I thought each of my interviewers asked me 2 questions. However, they asked a lot of follow up questions this time around compared to my last year's interview. My interview lasted almost 45 minutes yesterday, while it lasted less than 30 minutes last year. Overall, I felt that my interviewers and all the staff were friendly.

I finally arrived home late last night after I got stuck at the Kansas City airport from the snow. They were planning on closing the airport the entire day, so they rebooked my flight out of KC early this morning. But 2 hrs later, they got me out of there to Dallas and made my way home from there.

cinnamoroll- I have a friend who is a first year student at umkc and she said that about 18 ppl from her class (including her roommate) got in their second time around, and that they view second time applicants as persistant. I have no idea what your stats are, but i have a good feeling that you will get in this year.

Didn't they say that they were accepting 95 students at hospital hill and 28 at the second campus? It doesn't make since to me that they would accept less students than last year. There are 110 first year students in their main campus program this year plus 28 at the second campus. (as you can see, I am seriously investigating my odds of getting in...lol)

congrats to everyone who got an interview :)...how long til they send out letters? And how many do they accept?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone who got an interview :)...how long til they send out letters? And how many do they accept?

According to the instruction paper that we picked up after the interview, they said that we're going to be hearing from them sometimes during the last week of April. Last year, I heard about my alternate list status during the first week of May...so we'll see. They pulled about 20 people from the alternate list last year. Hopefully a lot of people decide to attend KU, so that the waitlist will move faster.

Lauriekay, that is very encouraging to hear that 18 people got accepted the 2nd time around. I hope we all will get accepted this year! :xf:

4 weeks is such a long time to wait!!! :sleep:

Just 20 people? I figured that since UMKC is a second choice school for most, that they would pull many more than that. I guess it probably varies from year to year depending on what other schools (expecially KU) send out their acceptances before or after umkc. I thought i saw a thread from last year where someone who was #27 originally said that they were the first one on the waiting list? Maybe i misread it.

Last edited:
Just 20 people? I figured that since UMKC is a second choice school for most, that they would pull many more than that. I guess it probably varies from year to year depending on what other schools (expecially KU) send out their acceptances before or after umkc. I thought i saw a thread from last year where someone who was #27 originally said that they were the first one on the waiting list? Maybe i misread it.

Yea, the reason why I came up with that conclusion of 20 people is that I was originally #38 and then went up to #18. I never moved up after that. I know that the waitlist moved up to at least #48 about 5 years ago. UMKC is my second choice, just because they offer a 5-year program...so I'm hoping that I get pulled off from the waitlist for Midwestern CCP. Other than that, I do like the facility and feel comfortable with the people at UMKC.

Can this month get ANY longer?!:confused:

Well, one week is over already! I know that they send out acceptance letters out during the last week of April and I remember having to wait until the first/second week of May to find out my alternate list status.

I am going to start taking my pharmacy pre-reqs starting fall 09, therefore I will not complete the pre-reqs until spring 10. Has any one applied with only 17-18 credit hours and actually got accepted? Would they wait for the rest of your grades for the Spring, or do they only consider you if you've completed the 31+ credit hours? i have a strong work experience profile, with lots of volunteer work and EC's. i know i will do well in my pre-reqs, and will have a strong LOR. , i am a CphT (9yrs) and I also have a national Non-sterile compounding certification from U of Fl. I am going to take the PCAT's in October. I took college course 10+ years ago, and i took the pcat in 2000. so i know what to expect. i am aware of their "courses do not expire" policy, but i need to retake these courses to apply to other schools that require that i do, Please some feedback?

congrats cinnamoroll, I see you've gotten an acceptance to U of Mississippi. That is great.

I am going to start taking my pharmacy pre-reqs starting fall 09, therefore I will not complete the pre-reqs until spring 10. Has any one applied with only 17-18 credit hours and actually got accepted? Would they wait for the rest of your grades for the Spring, or do they only consider you if you've completed the 31+ credit hours? i have a strong work experience profile, with lots of volunteer work and EC's. i know i will do well in my pre-reqs, and will have a strong LOR. , i am a CphT (9yrs) and I also have a national Non-sterile compounding certification from U of Fl. I am going to take the PCAT's in October. I took college course 10+ years ago, and i took the pcat in 2000. so i know what to expect. i am aware of their "courses do not expire" policy, but i need to retake these courses to apply to other schools that require that i do, Please some feedback?

I'm not really sure of the answer to your question about credit hours, but you have to finish all of their prereqs by summer prior to matriculation to UMKC in the fall.

congrats cinnamoroll, I see you've gotten an acceptance to U of Mississippi. That is great.

Thanks. :) Yea, we still have about 2 more weeks to go before we hear something from them. :scared:

It's been almost 6 weeks since my interview and I'm dying to know if I got in or not!

I kept myself really busy for the first 4 weeks after the interview with school and renovating my house. But now school is winding down and I'm done with the vast majority of the renovations. So I've got all this time on my hands to obsess about the acceptance or rejection letter.

They should be mailing out at the beginning of the next week and I live in Kansas City, so I shouldn't have to wait much longer.

Good luck to everyone!

I think your pretty much golden on gettin accepted man...your pcat is amazing and dont know what your gpa is but yeah lol...hopefully we all hear back from them next week cause that would most likely be good news :) good luck to everyone

Hang on tight and good luck to all of us who are waiting for that letter next week! :luck:

it should come this week...good luck to everyone

Last edited:
I just checked my mail as well. I'm in! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats you two! :) I just hope I receive one on Monday or Tuesday, since the letters are still somewhere out there for out-of-state people. If not, I hope I end up in the top 20 on the alternate list, since they pulled at least 20 people last year.

Did any of you all apply for the Satellite program in Columbia? I was just curious how many others did besides me! Congrats to those who already know they are in! I am still waiting!!

Did any of you all apply for the Satellite program in Columbia? I was just curious how many others did besides me! Congrats to those who already know they are in! I am still waiting!!

I did apply for the Columbia campus, although I still prefer the Kansas City campus. How far is the main undergrad campus from the Hospital Hill campus? I heard from one of my interviewers that the P1 students will take most of their classes at the main campus.

I'm not for sure, I am not familiar with UMKC's campus. I am at University of Missouri- Columbia already and really do not want to leave! My letter is getting mailed home which is forever away from KC, so I wonder how long till all of us out of staters find anything out?!?!

I did apply for the Columbia campus, although I still prefer the Kansas City campus. How far is the main undergrad campus from the Hospital Hill campus? I heard from one of my interviewers that the P1 students will take most of their classes at the main campus.

I applied to both campuses, but live in KC so indicated KC as my preferred campus. The main campus is about a 10 minute drive from the Hospital Hill campus. You can drive thru the city to get from one campus to the other (not recommended b/c you go thru some not-so-nice areas) or take 71 Highway (recommended).

Most of your classes for P1 will be on the main campus. Talking to current P1 students, they have a shuttle that runs fairly regularly between the campuses so getting back and forth should not be a hassle at all.

I'm not for sure, I am not familiar with UMKC's campus. I am at University of Missouri- Columbia already and really do not want to leave! My letter is getting mailed home which is forever away from KC, so I wonder how long till all of us out of staters find anything out?!?!

I just checked my mail earlier and no letter. I guess I should know my fate by tomorrow. So, the Satellite campus at Columbia is your first choice? Where out-of-state is your home?

Most of your classes for P1 will be on the main campus. Talking to current P1 students, they have a shuttle that runs fairly regularly between the campuses so getting back and forth should not be a hassle at all.

That's not bad, if they offer a shuttle between the 2 campuses. I found an apartment complex called Longfellow Heights right across from the School of Pharmacy when I was there for an interview, and thought it would have been convenient if I lived there.

I am from Arkansas! And yes Columbia is my first choice. Since I am already here and already have a place to live next year, I really just want to stay here!

I am from Arkansas! And yes Columbia is my first choice. Since I am already here and already have a place to live next year, I really just want to stay here!

Assuming that they mailed out the letters on Friday, tomorrow should be the third business day. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :xf:

I got my letter today, I am #32 for main campus and #20 for Columbia. I guess they didn't wait this year to make the wait list...

I got my letter today, I am #32 for main campus and #20 for Columbia. I guess they didn't wait this year to make the wait list...

I didn't receive a letter today, so I guess I'll be looking forward to the alternate list letter tomorrow or Thurs. Last year, I was #38 for the main campus and #46 for Columbia. I then trailed up to #18 for the main campus by June. I just hope I did better this year, and also that some people may decide to go to KU or some other top schools.

Can anyone please give me a rough idea of my chances? I'm 14 on the UMKC wait list and 11 on the Columbia. Your help is much appreciated.

Can anyone please give me a rough idea of my chances? I'm 14 on the UMKC wait list and 11 on the Columbia. Your help is much appreciated.

Based on last year's stats, it seems like you have a great chance of getting accepted this fall. They pulled at least 20 people, but then again it depends on the applicant pool this year. If a lot of people don't get accepted to KU (assuming that most applicants are from the Kansas City area), then more will secure their deposit and may well likely attend UMKC this fall. Where are you from by the way?

I'm actually just a freshmen student-athlete from Kansas City. Anyways they said they would let me know "immediately" if it happens so does that mean they'll send another letter? I was also wondering why my columbia number is lower than my umkc. Those spots are supposedly coveted and mine is lower than the umkc one. Did they punish me in umkc spots for putting down either school as alright on my application?

I'm actually just a freshmen student-athlete from Kansas City. Anyways they said they would let me know "immediately" if it happens so does that mean they'll send another letter? I was also wondering why my columbia number is lower than my umkc. Those spots are supposedly coveted and mine is lower than the umkc one. Did they punish me in umkc spots for putting down either school as alright on my application?

Actually, I'm not sure about that, but I think they'll call you first to let you know that you get accepted and then send you an acceptance letter with more info. I know for sure that if you don't get accepted from the alternate list by June-something, then they'll send you another letter with your new ranking. I'm also not quite clear on how they place applicants on the alternate list for both campuses, but I assume you stated that UMKC main campus is your first choice?

i actually had columbia as my first choice but i noted that either would be fine. I never thought that would affect my spots on the waiting list. Anyways, I now wish I had put UMKC down as my first...
(By the way, I'll let everybody know if they get down to spot number 14 and accept me)

i actually had columbia as my first choice but i noted that either would be fine. I never thought that would affect my spots on the waiting list. Anyways, I now wish I had put UMKC down as my first...
(By the way, I'll let everybody know if they get down to spot number 14 and accept me)

That's probably why your Columbia number is lower than UMKC's. However, I think the list for UMKC will move faster than Columbia. I thought you had UMKC as your first choice because you're from the KC area. I can't wait to see my letter, hopefully tomorrow.

Hey everyone, I just got my letter today. I got waitlisted! #18 and #25. I hope there's still a chance for me.

Hey everyone, I just got my letter today. I got waitlisted! #18 and #25. I hope there's still a chance for me.

Were you at the Mar 28th interview? I remember bumping into a set of parents from Florida that day and talked to them after my interview before heading to the airport. I'm just wondering if those were your parents.

Hey does anybody know when KU releases admission decisions? The wait list will definitely move a bit after that happens...

I think last year they only get 3-4 persons from Columbia wait list and 20 spots from main campus wait list. The Columbia wait list is much slower from the past experience.