Umn Class Of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry guys... I was absorbed in my own world the past few weeks.
Do you need help?

One thing - Please collect as many endo teeth as you can.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry guys... I was absorbed in my own world the past few weeks.
Do you need help?

One thing - Please collect as many endo teeth as you can.

hi,,g3k,,nice to hear from you..

any requirement for the endo teeth,,such as how many molars,,premolars ,and anterior ??

thanks a lot..

hi,,g3k,,nice to hear from you..

any requirement for the endo teeth,,such as how many molars,,premolars ,and anterior ??

thanks a lot..

You will need a few of everything. So get anything and everything you can get your hands on. Get some sound teeth.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many seats available(they fill) per year in UMN? how many seats were last year?

12 seats this yr ,depends on availability i think last yr was 10

Thanks for the info hellorose.

Hello..

Endo teeth will be used in May summer class. That is when you will be attending a 4 credit Endo class which includes a lecture and a lab session.

I have read thru each posts here, and I found some of you have a concern about books to buy.. Well for summer me and some of the pass studen bought only one book the ( pathways of the pulp by Stephen cohen) you can get the international edition which is cheaper. And some of the pass classmate bought also the Implant book, but me personally I found it was orinted more toward the surgical aspect of implant but not the restoration, and that is what we will be doing mostly in school.

And now let me appologize for not contributing here as much as G3k did, she is the best person, that is why she is our 2009 pass leader. Well I hope to see you all this april. take care.

IF you have any Q's , I am now in spring break so I have lots of free time to respond and will give G3k a break

Just a quick question to the successful candidates at UMN:
I know that stats are important, but what other criteria have helped you guys get successfully into UMN.? How was your experience.?
Post your details when u have some time. Thx.

Hi skabbaraju,

unfortunately, there is no magic answer for I got in. Stats help, but they are not everything.
Things that are in your control:
You need a good essay that captures their attention.
Work experience, TOEFL score.
Your interview skills

Things out of your control:
Your GPA,
Recommendation letters

As far as my work experience, I worked as a dental/surgical assistant both as a volunteer and as an employee (I have a green card). I also have my dental x-ray license.
Hope this helps

Just a quick question to the successful candidates at UMN:
I know that stats are important, but what other criteria have helped you guys get successfully into UMN.? How was your experience.?
Post your details when u have some time. Thx.

Any of you worried about the new law that allows the mid level dental practice with just 2.5 years of training!!! - What a terrible law for dentist? What will happen to the profession?

please put your input and update

Thanks HIM0098!! She is the best person in our class... most selfless and very helpful. Shoot your questions to her. I will come by once in a while to answer questions.
dentalbug... I am aware of the bill. I am not aware of the updates. I will keep you updates once I know more.

Hello..

Endo teeth will be used in May summer class. That is when you will be attending a 4 credit Endo class which includes a lecture and a lab session.

I have read thru each posts here, and I found some of you have a concern about books to buy.. Well for summer me and some of the pass studen bought only one book the ( pathways of the pulp by Stephen cohen) you can get the international edition which is cheaper. And some of the pass classmate bought also the Implant book, but me personally I found it was orinted more toward the surgical aspect of implant but not the restoration, and that is what we will be doing mostly in school.

And now let me appologize for not contributing here as much as G3k did, she is the best person, that is why she is our 2009 pass leader. Well I hope to see you all this april. take care.

IF you have any Q's , I am now in spring break so I have lots of free time to respond and will give G3k a break

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of you worried about the new law that allows the mid level dental practice with just 2.5 years of training!!! - What a terrible law for dentist? What will happen to the profession?

please put your input and update
Can you explain.? I will try to find more info but what exactly is the law? and why do u think it will be bad to the profession.?

icon13.gif
Plz read this thread.. and help saving the Dentistry!!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=502094

Please see this thread and see whats going on...the thread has gone to 5 pages already in few days.. the new bill almost being passed in Minnesota would allow a new breed of mid-career professionals.. called ADHP who could do most of the stuff dentists are doing with just 2.5 years College coursework... they can do most of the surgical processes.. WITHOUT supervision of a dentist... plz support the students in MN who are fighting to minimize the harm this bill could cause to dentistry and to dentists... The ADHP's are making an issue of Medicaid patients being turned away by dentists and also lack of dental care in rural areas.. BUT nowhere in the Bill it says that the ADHP's can serve only in rural areas or just treat Medicaid patients... nothing,.. there are no restrictions.. they can do MOST of the things dentists are doing right now... without any supervision of dentists...and expected is that they would open up their practices in big citiies due to lack of ANy restriction in the bill about their area-they-could-work... adhp's are looking to replace us in MN right now with very good chances of going national...the ADHA has found a backdoor entry with just 2.5 yrs of course and become a dentist.... We should take this very seriously.. this might affect us a lot.. and I read somewhere that we don't have to worry as it would take a lot of time for ADHP's to come in real world bussines.. But I read it on ADA article.. that is posted on the last page of the thread... it says the first batch is going to start in 2009... so it is a very real issue and its going to be very quick before we realize all this... there will be a new breed of almost-dentists performing same tasks as dentists with a slight less fees and killing the dentist profession... AND the most disturbing thing in this bill is.. the purpose of bringing in the new professionals was to provide dental care to the underserved areas and Medicaid patients.... that was the whole purpose of the bill.. and NOWHERE in the bill it puts any restrictions or priorities for these ADHP's to work on these medicaid patients or in underserved areas...this is the most disturbing point.. secondly performing Irreversible surgical operations on patients without being supervised by dentists... Please contribute in whatever way you can or just debate on the issue.. as it is in MN right now and very soon will be in the whole USA if the bill goes through...as the drafters of bill have plans to...:thumbdown:
Last edited by jatt007 : 03-14-2008 at 07:24 AM.

I just got THE call from Janet this morning and am thrilled to have been accepted at the UMn School of Dentistry.

We have a 13 month old daughter and will be relocating as a family. Others in the same boat...kindly share your strategies.

With just a month to go...I got a gazillion things to do...but on a priority basis, heres the banana dance...

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Anyone had a chance to look at the cd's from Janet?
Are we supposed to print out the information on the cd when classes start? One of the manuals is almost 200 pages! Or bring the cds to class? Or bring in a laptop to class?
Have you guys bought books or any other materials?
Any news/updates on financial aid for green card holders?
Any thoughts would help....

hey,maludent,,what is up?

i didnt read the cds.

i am flying over there in april 23...

the financial aid office told me that they will start to send out notification for the loan next week...

so,,just be patient...

best wishes..

rain

Hi
Hope everyone is done with the move and ready to get to school.
I am going to miss the orientation on Saturday as I will be moving that weekend.
I am so going to miss it!!!
But see you all Monday!!
Please keep me posted about whatever happens on Saturday!!
Thanks guys
KSR

HI,everyone,,

I am now sitting in the library of moos tower,,2nd floor..

just come to enjoy the challenging life of dental school...

love,

rain

All the best who got admission from UMN and also already who all enrolled and doing there program. I have a question,Is there any one got UMN admission based on WES evaluation report?:confused: Do they realy consider about WES REPORT while doinig admission process? please let me know. suggestion would be appreciate.

All the best who got admission from UMN and also already who all enrolled and doing there program. I have a question,Is there any one got UMN admission based on WES evaluation report?:confused: Do they realy consider about WES REPORT while doinig admission process? please let me know. suggestion would be appreciate.

Simply put - NO!