UMN PASS Program Kira video assessment 2020-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smahmood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a Kira video assessment invite a couple of days ago. Basically, it refers to answering several questions live over webcam.
For UMN alums, is this a part of their standard process or something new?
For others who received similar correspondence from UMN or other universities, is this a sign of an interview call or just another step in the application process?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think they stated on their website, that they will start new process, by doing an online interview first. so I think this is good news.
Can you share your profile if you don't mind?

Thanks Hemo12.
GPA 3.7, TOEFL 108, NBDE1&2 first attempt, Observership 1 yr+, 1 externship, Certified DA ... 17 years out of school.
Never say never :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi smahmood! I’ve received a Kira video too... Have you done yours and how was the process... would really appreciate your help!

I got it as well. I didn't do it yet. Any advice about kira is helpful.
Also, Do you have any idea what is cost of bench??

Thanks in advance.

When is your due date?

I got it as well. I didn't do it yet. Any advice about kira is helpful.
Also, Do you have any idea what is cost of bench??

Thanks in advance.

I not sure about bench test cost... it must be given in the UMN pass handbook present on the website

Oh okay. I checked everything. Couldn't find it. Thanks again.

I already had mine, it was due on 19th. Not sure what the next steps are.

Members don't see this ad :)
About 20 mins. Click on start assessment and it’ll tell you how many questions you’re getting. You don’t have to start it

Reactions: 1 user
About 20 mins. Click on start assessment and it’ll tell you how many questions you’re getting. You don’t have to start it
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

I already had mine, it was due on 19th. Not sure what the next steps are.

Can you please tell us what to expect, mine the deadline is due the 30th!! Thank you

Just continue practicing in front of webcam. When you feel comfortable enough go for the real one. On the first question you’ll be nervous, but after that your nerves will settle in a bit. Practice as if you’re practicing for the toefl speaking section :)

Sorry folks for not having replied earlier. Nadent's advice is absolutely on dot. I treated it as a practice session pretty much - helps calm things down a bit. I am happy to see people responding with input as when I took it, I was pretty much on my own. Good luck!

Guys for a 30th April deadline can we do the assessment on the 30th or does it have to be before the deadline

Hello everyone, I m new to this group. I completed my caapid account yesterday only, applied to umn pass. That means my application and supplemental documents will be reviewed by last of may or starting of june. Nbde 1,2 cleared, toefl 107, GPA 3.9, dental degree in 2016, 3 years ago, one year internship n one year of experience in home country. What are my chances. Pl help n reply.

Greetings,
Can anyone share type of questions that were asked during assessment please?

The questions are like normal dds interview questions... the interface allows you to practice infinite times before you give the actual assessment

I received a Kira video assessment invite a couple of days ago. Basically, it refers to answering several questions live over webcam.
For UMN alums, is this a part of their standard process or something new?
For others who received similar correspondence from UMN or other universities, is this a sign of an interview call or just another step in the application process?

Thanks!

Hi! Did you get an in person interview from UMN?

Have UMN sent out all the in-person interview invites?

I got an in person interview inbox me please if you got one too thank you

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get UMN interviews after May 20th?

Any further info on UMN? Does anyone know how many batches have been invited?

I have received my completion email in April 12 and done my online assessment in April 29, I have not heard anything since then, and one received in person interview after in May?

I heard there is another batch invites to UMN towards the end of June. Anyone know about it?

Does anyone know what is UMN Bench exam about?

Could you please let us know when you got your in person interview invite

Does anyone know what UMN skill assessment is about? What do they ask? It seems it is not really a bench test but there is some sort of skill testing. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Does anyone know what UMN skill assessment is about? What do they ask? It seems it is not really a bench test but there is some sort of skill testing. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Dr Adarve mentioned on the Facebook groups that it’s a PFM molar prep.

Thank you very much. Do you know which group he mentioned it? Thanks again for your help.

Check either the 2018 or 2019 and scroll down, I forgot which one. The OP was asking about interviews and someone else asked about the test within the comments, so it's somewhere there where he mentions it. Best of luck.

Dr Adarve mentioned on the Facebook groups that it’s a PFM molar prep.
I read it too! Thanks nadent for your always kind help !do you think it will be only crown prep or there would be cavity prep as well??? I wish if we also know if it was upper or lower!!

I read it too! Thanks nadent for your always kind help !do you think it will be only crown prep or there would be cavity prep as well??? I wish if we also know if it was upper or lower!!

I'm not sure. I know the previous years it was a cavity prep, but this year is different. I would say practice upper and lower because you never know! Is your interview on 7/12 as well?

I'm not sure. I know the previous years it was a cavity prep, but this year is different. I would say practice upper and lower because you never know! Is your interview on 7/12 as well?

Yes !! you have yours during that time as well??