UMN PASS Program Kira video assessment 2020-2022

Started by smahmood
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smahmood

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a Kira video assessment invite a couple of days ago. Basically, it refers to answering several questions live over webcam.
For UMN alums, is this a part of their standard process or something new?
For others who received similar correspondence from UMN or other universities, is this a sign of an interview call or just another step in the application process?

Thanks!
 
I think they stated on their website, that they will start new process, by doing an online interview first. so I think this is good news.
Can you share your profile if you don't mind?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi smahmood! I’ve received a Kira video too... Have you done yours and how was the process... would really appreciate your help!
 
I got it as well. I didn't do it yet. Any advice about kira is helpful.
Also, Do you have any idea what is cost of bench??

Thanks in advance.
 
About 20 mins. Click on start assessment and it’ll tell you how many questions you’re getting. You don’t have to start it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just continue practicing in front of webcam. When you feel comfortable enough go for the real one. On the first question you’ll be nervous, but after that your nerves will settle in a bit. Practice as if you’re practicing for the toefl speaking section 🙂
 
Sorry folks for not having replied earlier. Nadent's advice is absolutely on dot. I treated it as a practice session pretty much - helps calm things down a bit. I am happy to see people responding with input as when I took it, I was pretty much on my own. Good luck!
 
Hello everyone, I m new to this group. I completed my caapid account yesterday only, applied to umn pass. That means my application and supplemental documents will be reviewed by last of may or starting of june. Nbde 1,2 cleared, toefl 107, GPA 3.9, dental degree in 2016, 3 years ago, one year internship n one year of experience in home country. What are my chances. Pl help n reply.
 
I received a Kira video assessment invite a couple of days ago. Basically, it refers to answering several questions live over webcam.
For UMN alums, is this a part of their standard process or something new?
For others who received similar correspondence from UMN or other universities, is this a sign of an interview call or just another step in the application process?

Thanks!

Hi! Did you get an in person interview from UMN?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have received my completion email in April 12 and done my online assessment in April 29, I have not heard anything since then, and one received in person interview after in May?
 
Does anyone know what UMN skill assessment is about? What do they ask? It seems it is not really a bench test but there is some sort of skill testing. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it.
 
Does anyone know what UMN skill assessment is about? What do they ask? It seems it is not really a bench test but there is some sort of skill testing. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Dr Adarve mentioned on the Facebook groups that it’s a PFM molar prep.
 
Thank you very much. Do you know which group he mentioned it? Thanks again for your help.

Check either the 2018 or 2019 and scroll down, I forgot which one. The OP was asking about interviews and someone else asked about the test within the comments, so it's somewhere there where he mentions it. Best of luck.
 
Dr Adarve mentioned on the Facebook groups that it’s a PFM molar prep.
I read it too! Thanks nadent for your always kind help !do you think it will be only crown prep or there would be cavity prep as well??? I wish if we also know if it was upper or lower!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read it too! Thanks nadent for your always kind help !do you think it will be only crown prep or there would be cavity prep as well??? I wish if we also know if it was upper or lower!!

I'm not sure. I know the previous years it was a cavity prep, but this year is different. I would say practice upper and lower because you never know! Is your interview on 7/12 as well?
 
I'm not sure. I know the previous years it was a cavity prep, but this year is different. I would say practice upper and lower because you never know! Is your interview on 7/12 as well?

Yes !! you have yours during that time as well??