Un-serious jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would working for a video gaming company or a for a website that reviews night life look to med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
How would working for a video gaming company or a for a website that reviews night life look to med schools?

If it is in addition to participation in team sports or a dance troupe, a 2 year research project culminating in a publication, and volunteer work among patients with Alzheimer's disease (or babies with malaria or something else both common and very sad), it would look terrific. Assures the committee that you aren't "all work & no play". Shows that you are well rounded. If your ECs are that (the unusual job) and being involved in your Greek house's social committee then you are in trouble.

Apparition said:

Hey, how do you go about working for a video game company? My brother has been searching for opportunities. (He's not premed) He loves games and would like to do something related to gaming in his future. Any ideas?

I tried to PM you, but it did not work. You can PM me.

Thanks