Unable to reach LOR writer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted980501

Hi,

Have known someone very well for 3years and has written a letter for me in the past for another occasion. Have been in contact until May and agreed to write letter. Sent request through aadsas in June but no response, called and sent follow up emails but still nothing.

Should I start to ask other people i know for a letter or continue to wait?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would definitely ask someone else as a back up immediately if you have someone else that can write you a decent letter. They may be on a vacation and respond soon, if it's a professor, they're usually pretty busy in the summer too, but you can't wait around on one person.

It's better to get an average letter, than no letter at all

Members don't see this ad :)
Another option, if it is a professor, is to visit office hours to verbally request the letter

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I've been able to reach out to a professor from a few years ago but haven't stayed in contact him. He said he would be willing to write a letter on my behalf but I'm a little unsure if its not better to just wait out at this point.

Can I put the professor's letter and if I hear back from the original writer can I still send that letter to schools even if it might be late September? Worried if I send my application with a "weak" letter I might get rejected. Should I submit my application with a letter requirement missing or will that result in an automatic rejection?

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the replies. I've been able to reach out to a professor from a few years ago but haven't stayed in contact him. He said he would be willing to write a letter on my behalf but I'm a little unsure if its not better to just wait out at this point.

Can I put the professor's letter and if I hear back from the original writer can I still send that letter to schools even if it might be late September? Worried if I send my application with a "weak" letter I might get rejected. Should I submit my application with a letter requirement missing or will that result in an automatic rejection?

You can submit your application without a letter of recommendation, and you can add that recommendation at a later point. It is possible to receive an interview invitation from some schools without all their letter of recommendation requirements fulfilled. At other schools, your application may be put on "hold" until your application is complete (have all LORs submitted).

It is important to understand that once you have 4 letters of recommendation uploaded on AADSAS, you do NOT have the ability to delete or replace any of those letters when trying to add another LOR.