Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a few loan related questions that I haven't found answers to after reading most of the threads around here. Please chime in on whichever issues you have knowledge of. Thanks!
1) In regards to Stafford & GradPLUS, Can you pay off your principal amount before graduation, thus avoiding all interest (which would have been capitalized after graduation) ?
2) What are some common sources of scholarships, if any?
3) What exactly are Perkins loans. I just know that it's max $8000/year for graduate school. How is it a separate entity from Stafford?
4) Are loan re-payments tax deductible?
5) Can loans be deferred until after residency? There have been many sources floating around...is there a definitive answer?
1) In regards to Stafford & GradPLUS, Can you pay off your principal amount before graduation, thus avoiding all interest (which would have been capitalized after graduation) ?
2) What are some common sources of scholarships, if any?
3) What exactly are Perkins loans. I just know that it's max $8000/year for graduate school. How is it a separate entity from Stafford?
4) Are loan re-payments tax deductible?
5) Can loans be deferred until after residency? There have been many sources floating around...is there a definitive answer?