unattached straight men

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogsrule

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is not the most important critieria in deciding on a med school, but anyone have any facts on which schools have the most unattached straight guys. I'm afraid to ask at the revisit days. Also include the other grad school programs at med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this is not the most important critieria in deciding on a med school, but anyone have any facts on which schools have the most unattached straight guys. I'm afraid to ask at the revisit days. Also include the other grad school programs at med schools.

hopkins

doesn't matter where. give it a month or two and you'll see relationships fall apart. then the coast will be clear for you to find The One.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it helps I've heard that Georgetown (the city) has the highest number of singles in any U.S. city.

The reason I ask is that at my interviews and revisit days there seemed to be all women or married guys who brought their wives.

yea you think asking about the availability of straight guys is difficult. Try asking about the availability of gay guys. :D

The reason I ask is that at my interviews and revisit days there seemed to be all women or married guys who brought their wives.

I hate to say it but their availability is directly proportional to your attractiveness.

I hate to say it but their availability is directly proportional to your attractiveness.
I hate to second this grim view, but yes. Which is why I stopped dating and feel better than ever!:laugh:

I hate to second this grim view, but yes. Which is why I stopped dating and feel better than ever!:laugh:

that feeling goes away after a few months with no sex.

If it helps I've heard that Georgetown (the city) has the highest number of singles in any U.S. city.

Since when is Georgetown a city? I thought it was a neighborhood....

(plus, I think that it's Houston with the highest # of singles...)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call AMCAS and ask them, I'm sure they keep numbers on this. Alternatively, call the admissions offices of each of the schools you are applying to, and see if they can give you any insight.

True, but it's also inversely proportional to ones personal standards. So we end up with a formula of the form:

i = ka/s

where:
i = a numerical representation of the chance of intercourse
a = the attractiveness of a person (on a 0 to 10 scale)
s = the standards of the person (on a 0 to 10 scale) and
k = a scaling constant which depends on the physical and chemical make up of the entities in question

the interesting thing here is that, by applying L`Hopitals Rule :

lim (s -> 0) i(a=0) = 0/0 = k

So, anyone has a finite chance and this chance has more to do with the physical and chemical properties of the pool of potential partners, than any quality of the sex-deprived party...

Why? Most of the straight guys at Hopkins are unattached because they have never had a date or even been out of the library on a Friday or Saturday night?

Why? Most of the straight guys at Hopkins are unattached because they have never had a date or even been out of the library on a Friday or Saturday night?

it's like you're a mind reader :laugh:

this is true - I meet lots of singles at the bar at Houston's after work

it even helps me...motivation to get the blood pumping

Please, all I have to do is pull up my shirt to see that... no big deal.;)

doesn't matter where. give it a month or two and you'll see relationships fall apart. then the coast will be clear for you to find The One.

That's Kickin! I'm def holding off until I find out which med school I'll get into, then I'll go on patrooooooollll!!!! It's nice that the med schools I'm looking at have more men than women! hehe!

This may be a case of, as they say, the odds being good but the goods being odd.

-CHO

Agreed Georgetown is not a city. And it's unlikely to have the critical mass of singles you suggest, given its size and having but one university there. Most large state schools will have more singles on campus then all of Georgetown. And any college oriented city, eg Boston, is going to have far more young singles. DC itself may have more singles because of its dense urban population, but probably not what you had in mind.

if the presence of single people is important to you, then just choose your med school based on their c/o 201x facebook group. log in on may 15th, count the number of available classmates at each school you were accepted, and there you go. be sure to give bonus points for singles reputation of the location, and whether the school is near a main campus or near other colleges.

So...I'm unattached and straight...so you could just go to whatever med school I end up at and hit on me until I cave. ;)

So...I'm unattached and straight...so you could just go to whatever med school I end up at and hit on me until I cave. ;)

alright man, if you go to ub, here i come :laugh:

Does anyone else tend to follow the policy of not ****ting where you eat though? I went to a small LAC and trust me, rumours spread fast both when you are together and especially when you break up. I dated someone on campus briefly and some of the crap he said was unbelievable (and untrue, indeed), but of course half the school knew it within 3 days. I can't imagine what it's like in a med school class with only 100-150 people.

Does anyone else tend to follow the policy of not ****ting where you eat though? I went to a small LAC and trust me, rumours spread fast both when you are together and especially when you break up. I dated someone on campus briefly and some of the crap he said was unbelievable (and untrue, indeed), but of course half the school knew it within 3 days. I can't imagine what it's like in a med school class with only 100-150 people.

Speaking to a friend about her M1 class, she told about me about a guy who goes around saying "wanna make out?" when he's drunk. The funny thing is he's already made out with 18-20 girls in the class.

Speaking to a friend about her M1 class, she told about me about a guy who goes around saying "wanna make out?" when he's drunk. The funny thing is he's already made out with 18-20 girls in the class.
Yeah, you're hoping people in med will be more mature, but then you come on SDN and your dreams are shattered.:cool:

Just kidding.:laugh:

A friend of mine is in her 3rd year of med school now and when I asked her about it she told me that you study a lot in med school and you know all your classmate's drama!

It pays to play the percentages. If he was smart he would ask for more than making out.:laugh:

Don't go with MCW then, I hear 25% of student body are married and 25% more are in long-term relationships there

Don't go with MCW then, I hear 25% of student body are married and 25% more are in long-term relationships there

likewise, according to statistics I just made up (but are probably nonetheless accurate) >50% of OHSU students are married with toddlers.

It's ok, you barely have any outside of school time to go meet new people so hooking up within your class is probably likely to happen at some point, or you can just go to a school which has other grad and undergrad programs there so you can expand your options, I hear having nursing schools next to medschools is good for us single guys:) That's how I made a choice between which acceptance to pursue:)

It only spreads if you allow yourself to be involved in that kind of thing. I'm aware of our class couples (they hold hands on the way to the parking lot - it's hard not to notice), but trust me, a lot of people don't care/know about all the drama. More than once, I'll be talking to someone, and they'll mention something they did, and they'll say "Oh, you didn't hear about that?" Um, no. I'm not really worried about what you do in your spare time. Most of the "good stuff" that I hear is right from the person it involves. Gossip is lame.

:laugh: That's awesome. :laugh:

That's the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks
likewise, according to statistics I just made up (but are probably nonetheless accurate) >50% of OHSU students are married with toddlers.

That's the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks

the made up kind?

edit// and you are aware that you started this thread with "dogsrule" and you're now responding as "catsrule," right?