Unbalanced MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orphn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the 9/12 MCAT and I got a score of 11 BS 11 VR and 14 PS. I'm pretty happy about my score, but I was wondering if it's a little too imbalanced?? I'm almost entirely sure I'm not going to retake my test, but I wanted some input about what other more experienced people think about how my score ended up or how it'd be viewed from a point of view of the admissions officers.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

your split is fine, as mentioned above me. i have a very similar split: 14-10-12 and it hasnt negatively impacted me at all.

a split that would raise flags would be like 12-7-12 or 14-7-13....something more ridiculous. if you have all double digit scores, then there really wont be a bad split

GL with your apps!

Members don't see this ad :)
loveyourjobv.gif

no it is not really unbalanced, unbalanced is when you have one component below double digits, then perhaps you might have something to worry about. you are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with bannie. You'll do fine in the application process. Great PS score !

Come on, this person has to be a troll! How can someone, after spending months studying for and focusing on one of the most demanding tests ever conceived, not recognize a good score for said test?!

Dude, if you aren't a troll, maybe you shouldn't apply to med school. You have terrible judgment.

^ hahah wanna hear something really annoying.

i smashed my cellphone against the wall after i saw my score because i was disappointed that i did not meet my bare minimum expectations :p...

and i wont tell you what my score was.

i smashed my cellphone against the wall after i saw my score because i was disappointed that i did not meet my bare minimum expectations :p...

Yeah, but you're Canadian...you have to try twice as hard to be half as good. :D

JP, nothing but love for my neighbors in the great white north. :smuggrin:

my scores are way more uneven than yours
P V B
14 9 13

And i already have 4 interviews and I was complete at most schools in early October.

i remember your score, and you should really apologize to your cell phone with a score like that :D

Didn't you get like a 39? :laugh:

eszanche, im saying u have a pro score. pro = professional professional = good.

im really glad i took off my score. u guys know me around so u guys arent gonna judge me like all those crazy sdners do :p

yes i got a 39, but i just expected better from myself. so i was pretty unhappy when i saw my score. lolz.

oh, and that cellphone no longer lives, not because i broke it that way, but because i accidentally washed it together with the laundry. HAHA.....

I recently took the 9/12 MCAT and I got a score of 11 BS 11 VR and 14 PS. I'm pretty happy about my score, but I was wondering if it's a little too imbalanced?? I'm almost entirely sure I'm not going to retake my test, but I wanted some input about what other more experienced people think about how my score ended up or how it'd be viewed from a point of view of the admissions officers.

Thanks!

Dont retake....

Believe it or not that is fairly balanced...

If anyone ever says anything about your MCAT, show them your percentile score.....

That MCAT score will not be why you do or dont get in!! :thumbup:

eszanche, im saying u have a pro score. pro = professional professional = good.

im really glad i took off my score. u guys know me around so u guys arent gonna judge me like all those crazy sdners do :p

yes i got a 39, but i just expected better from myself. so i was pretty unhappy when i saw my score. lolz.
lol thanks. I too had a mcat goal that I was hoping to achieve. I was hoping to get a 38 since that is what I was getting on my last few practice tests. But after the test, I knew i made some foolish mistakes and as a result i dropped a point in each of my sciences. But I was still happy even though i didn't reach my expectation. It sure beat that 27 that i had last time. :cool:

Last edited: