You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC ASOD Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
flossyboss
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS!!Just got my phone call!!! 8:17 am EST. I'm so excited because this was my number 1 pick!!! Good luck to everyone else, my interviewer said that I was his first call today so they should be rolling now 🙂
Are they done for the day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it an interviewer of yours?Just got my phone call!!! 8:17 am EST. I'm so excited because this was my number 1 pick!!! Good luck to everyone else, my interviewer said that I was his first call today so they should be rolling now 🙂
I feel like a lot of people haven't heard back from UNC yet, I wonder what's taking them so long
yea not too many posts on here given its nearly 1 PMI feel like a lot of people haven't heard back from UNC yet, I wonder what's taking them so long
wisdomtooths
New Member
yes it was my faculty interviewerWas it an interviewer of yours?
NicelyAnew
New Member
I got my call at 10:46!!!!!
pearlywhite1
New Member
Are those all new students in the group chat?I got my call around 8:30 this morning from my interviewer! Here is the facebook group for anyone who wants to join.
www.facebook.com
I dont think so, Facebook says there's been 2 new members in the group in the last week
did they finish calling today?
^?
pearlywhite1
New Member
Oct 8for those who were accepted, was when your interview?
Is the first round over?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NicelyAnew
New Member
Oct 8th as wellfor those who were accepted, was when your interview?
I also haven't heard anything back from them yet. My interview was in OctoberDid anyone get waitlisted? I haven't received any communication yet.
I wonder if they'll continue calling tomorrow. My portal hasn't changed either. I interviewed in September.I also haven't heard anything back from them yet. My interview was in October
i was the call right before you then, i was 10:42 and it lasted 3 minutes lol. congrats!I got my call at 10:46!!!!!
Anyone know if they’ll be calling today?
usually, decisions are sent out on two separate days for UNC (once on the first decision day and then again a few weeks after the January interview date). They don't continuously call so we probably won't be hearing from them until the end of January/the beginning of Feb.
Gotcha, thanks! Do we by any chance receive any other notification from then about waitlist/rejection in the meantime or just wait?
pearlywhite1
New Member
Am i remembering correctly that lunch in the cafeteria is free for dental students?
Minty_Fresh
New Member
So I got my acceptance packet a little while ago and it doesn't really contain any financial aid info that is specific to me. Would I just contact the financial aid office and ask about it?
dentalstudent2027
New Member
has anyone gotten an interview for january?
not that I know of, but hopefully they'll be sending them out soon!has anyone gotten an interview for january?
They didDoes anyone know if they already sent out January interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KrDental
New Member
Thanks!Nice casual. Jeans/khakis, polo, etc. Most current students will be in either scrubs or nice casual or school t-shirts
Futuredmd5799
Full Member
For those who got an interview invite for Jan 7. Have you received the follow up email with the instructions for the day ?
KrDental
New Member
I have the same question, because I have not received anything yet.For those who got an interview invite for Jan 7. Have you received the follow up email with the instructions for the day ?
Futuredmd5799
Full Member
I have the same question, because I have not received anything yet.
I got an email from them yesterday about the interview day and where to meet!
linhbach
Full Member
February was being tossed around amongst the applicants but I’m not too sure how true that is. I think last year, the January interviews heard in February thoughDid anyone hear when the next round of decisions will come out at the interview?
The e-mail that was sent to applicants that interviewed pre-December but did not receive an acceptance said that the admissions cycle will close in late January, and applicants that were denied can inquire about how to improve their applications beginning in February. I'm speculating that we'll hear back between Monday next week (end of 30 day mark for applicants to accept a seat in the class) and the end of January (based on their e-mail).February was being tossed around amongst the applicants but I’m not too sure how true that is. I think last year, the January interviews heard in February though
Also, someone created a class groupme 🙂 https://groupme.com/join_group/91347528/zm95CM5Z
if I understand correctly, Jan 16 - Feb 1st is when any waitlisted applicants may hear back. Jan 16 was the last day to submit the survey indicating continue interest and Feb 1 is when they begin speaking with those who were denied about how to improve the application. Thus, if I don't hear back from UNC by Feb 1st, I'm guessing its safe to assume I didn't get in. Thoughts?
to anyone who interviewed post December - does your AADSAS application say invited for interview? or received/under review?
Has anyone heard back from UNC yet?
No, the waiting is killing me!Has anyone heard back from UNC yet?
Has anyone heard back from UNC yet?
No but my aadsas status did change to Invited for Interview recently although i interviewed a few weeks ago…not sure if this means anything. Does yours say under review or Invited for interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says invited for interview, and I think I interviewed in OctoberNo but my aadsas status did change to Invited for Interview recently although i interviewed a few weeks ago…not sure if this means anything. Does yours say under review or Invited for interview?
mine just recently changed to "invited to interview" also in the last 2 days and I interviewed in January as well.No but my aadsas status did change to Invited for Interview recently although i interviewed a few weeks ago…not sure if this means anything. Does yours say under review or Invited for interview?
futuredentist30192
New Member
When are they supposed to finalize the decisions? Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office? I've contacted them three times and no one has replied. The anticipation is starting to bear its weight at the moment 😩
Futuredmd5799
Full Member
When are they supposed to finalize the decisions? Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office? I've contacted them three times and no one has replied. The anticipation is starting to bear its weight at the moment [emoji30]
Yeah I also tried but last year they finalized early Feb so maybe then [emoji1693]
Any news today?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 101
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K