UNC Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where in the letter did it say to send the deposit check to the cashier's office? I have the letter in front of me, and on the first page it reads, "You must advise us of your intention to enroll in the doctor of pharmacy degree program by returning the enclosed reply letter and enrollment deposit card to the School of Pharmacy by February 7, 2007." Why would we not include the check with the deposit card?

Members don't see this ad.

The letter didnt say it. The deposit card itself did. It stated the cashier's address to send it to.

I am officially ******ed. Maybe I should start a new thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am officially ******ed. Maybe I should start a new thread.

No you're not :p - I was really confused about where to send it b/c of the letter and deposit card saying different things. I still don't really know what they wanted us to do. haha.

Hey everyone

i got my acceptance letter today. i'm so excited to be a tar heel for the next four years and i can't wait to meet all the incoming first years. i will definitely be looking for a roommate (i am a 21 year old male who is originally from new york but i have been living in baltimore for the past four years).

dan

I got an email from the Student Services people and they told me that they forwarded our checks to the Cashier's office and not to worry about anything. She said multiple students send the check to the Pharm. School.

I'm getting ready from school next semester; this undergrad thing is starting to wear thin. I think I'm going to try to find an apartment my first semester or the first year and wait on buying a house until I know the area/people a little better. I think I'll try to move to Carolina sometime in June or July.

To current UNC students: I was thinking that I saw the recreation center when I was in Chapel Hill for my interview, but it was just in passing in the car. I was curious as to what the gym looks like and what they have inside?

acetyl, I will try and answer your question since i am a frequent gym-goer myself :)
there are two student gyms, rams head rec center and the student rec center (SRC). rams head is brand new..it has basketball courts, a climbing wall, volleyball space, etc downstairs and weights and cardio upstairs. they don't seem to have as many weights as the SRC (IMO), but the machines are all new.

the SRC has weights downstairs and cardio upstairs. they seem to have more weight machines and space for free weights, but the building itself is older (if that matters to you).

they are both really nice facilities..SRC is off south road (not sure if you are familiar with that road, but it runs through main campus)..rams head is near the football stadium. they do tend to get crowded, mostly during dinner time and late afternoon (typical rush hours for college gyms i would say). there's a sign up policy for cardio machines, so sometimes you have to wait....umm i don't know if i answered everything you were asking for, but if not, just ask more! also here's a link to the facilities webpage (you might already have seen it) hope this helps! :)

http://www.campusrec.unc.edu/Facilities.htm

Thanks for the information. That sucks you have to sign up for cardio equipment, but I guess it's good that people are using it.

I created my Onyen today :) .

I guess we could jog to the gym to solve the sign-up issue :)

Hey, did anyone have trouble after they created their ONYEN? I sent a test email to myself and it didn't work. I sent it from my personal email and got a returned mail message :(

the email address is supposed to be this format right? [email protected]

I made an "alias" and tested mine...I just sent it to [email protected] and it went through -- took about 5 min to get there though :-(

Now I'm having trouble sending out e-mails through UNC :-( I receive them fine, but when I try to send out anything to my current ECU address...it doesn't go through? I put in my "personal information" like it told me to in the help section -- but still NOTHING :-(

Somehow it went out fine to my boyfriend's work e-mail address. I'm confused.

Hi everyone. I found out this week that I was accepted to UNC! However, I was not able to attend the interview at UNC so I had a phone interview instead. I have never been to UNC before so I am going next week to visit and learn more about the school. If anyone has any advice on what to see or do while I am there I would appreciate it! Also, I would love to hear what all of you like about UNC's college of pharmacy and what made u decide to go there! Thanks!! BTW, I am from Florida but I love North Carolina (although I will always be a Florida basketball fan... go gators!). I have lived in Florida my whole life but I think I am ready for a change, so I just wanted to hear what all of you had to say about UNC. Thanks!

Hi everyone. I found out this week that I was accepted to UNC! However, I was not able to attend the interview at UNC so I had a phone interview instead. I have never been to UNC before so I am going next week to visit and learn more about the school. If anyone has any advice on what to see or do while I am there I would appreciate it! Also, I would love to hear what all of you like about UNC's college of pharmacy and what made u decide to go there! Thanks!! BTW, I am from Florida but I love North Carolina (although I will always be a Florida basketball fan... go gators!). I have lived in Florida my whole life but I think I am ready for a change, so I just wanted to hear what all of you had to say about UNC. Thanks!

I'm from Florida too. I loved NC when I visited for my interview. Nice change.

Hey, has anyone heard the official start date?? I haven't received any email or letter saying when the start of classes is. In the acceptance letter, it simply said that it was still to be announced.

And Congrats to the floridians! :D
I don't know enough about NC to give you any tips on what to do when you come here though---i'm originally from Jersey and have only been in NC for a few months.

Boo on Georgetown!!

Anyone know about the physiology requirement and how we become exempt for this class??

Hey everyone!!
Well, after a long and tedious process and a few complicated situations, I can finally say that I am a member of the UNC Pharmacy School class of 2011!! I am SO excited and I can't wait to meet all of you!! :D Congrats again - Go Heels!

Should we send copies of our high school and college transcripts to the Student Services Office? And is that where our vaccination information goes as well? I assume this is the case, but just wondering if anyone knew otherwise...
PS - It's a gorgeous day in Chapel Hill!

I sent my vaccination records to the fax # in our acceptance packets (I least I think that's where I found it)---either way, I know you can definitely just fax those in. As far as the transcripts; i had them sent to the office of student services. Same address where I sent my acceptance confirmation.