UNC - Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolfpackhal

UNC PharmD class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your acceptance into the class of 2013! There are a lot of deadlines and things (health requirements, transcripts, financial aid, where to live) to think about before classes start, so feel free to post on here with any input or questions. I will be attending the Chapel Hill campus starting this fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea where to start with looking into loans and such. I've gotten the FAFSA completed and I am looking around at different interest rates and lenders.

Here's a good student doctor site I found for it, but if anyone has advice on what UNC has to offer, please do let me know. I'm going to contact the Financial Aid office soon, but I'm just trying to gather as much info before I do :)

Thanks and congrats to all of you! I look forward to meeting you all soon!!

First, congratulations to everyone who got in and will be attending! I look forward to being your classmate XD.

On a different note, has any of you received any further instructions from the pharmacy school? I didn't receive anything besides the acceptance package (of course I returned all the required documents long ago). Is it normal to not hear from your school for so long?

Pilotg2: I found this site. Doesn't list all the loans available, but definitely cleared up some of my questions. http://studentaid.unc.edu/studentaid/text/status/ssa-text_understanding_award.html

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, congratulations on acceptance! I look forward to seeing you this summer and being in school with you in the coming years :)

Does anyone know about the housing around the campus? For those of you who are from the areas around campus, do you have any recommendations for good neighborhoods/apartment complexes/houses? As an out-of-stater, I just started looking at places.

I am interested in coming down from MA to look at places in the upcoming long weekend (April 18th to 20th), the weekend after (April 25th to 27th), or the early weekends in May. Is there anyone who is looking for a roommate/a place, or interested in either showing your place or looking at places with me? I don't smoke or drink, don't have any pets but am happy to live with some! Please send me a message and let me know if you are interested in a roommate like me! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hey everybody and congrats,

We still have an open spot in our house for next year if anybody's looking for a place to live. I'll be a PY2 next year, one of my roommates will be a first year med school student, and the other will be in grad school at nc state.

It's a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. With kitchen/living room, washer/dryer, etc.
It's about a 10-15 minute walk or 4 minute bike ride to pharmacy school, a 5 minute drive to Harris Teeter, and a 30 second walk to Franklin Street. So you don't have to worry about catching a bus to class, or driving home from the bars.

The address is: 122B South Graham Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Rent is going up next year to $550 per month + utilities (typically ~$40)

Please let me know if you think you might be interested.

[email protected]

Anybody looking for a couple roomates? Let me know. Still looking or if you have a place that might work too.

Welcome UNC pharmacy class of 2013! =) I am a rising PY2. Here are some links I found helpful last year when I was in your shoes:

Hopefully Student Services has already sent you this link for new pharmacy students: http://www.pharmacy.unc.edu/programs/the-pharmd/new-students. It explains just about everything you need to know to get started at UNC ESOP.

I found the Graduate Student Resource Guide helpful since I was in-state, but new to UNC: http://gradschool.unc.edu/student/guide.html.

If you're still looking for housing I would strongly recommend something on the busline or within walking distance of the pharmacy school. Familiarize yourself with the Chapel Hill bus system if you're not already: http://www.ci.chapel-hill.nc.us/index.aspx?nid=398 was helpful in finding a place to live on the busline.

My husband and I own our townhome, which is less than 2 mi from the school and located on 2 buslines (J & CM). Last semester I woke up at 7am, walked to the bus stop at our townhome complex and took a <10 min bus ride to the school for an 8am class. One of my classmates woke up at 5:30-6am, drove 30+ min to a park-and-ride lot and took a <10 min bus ride to the school for the same 8am class.