UNC Fall 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am so nervous..i have not heard from this school or any school yet.

Applied:
UNC, Campbell, Wingate, UF, Rutgers, Harvard, SCCP
GPA=3.4
PCAT=76

Members don't see this ad.

Received my acceptance email this afternoon!!! I will most definitely be attending UNC in the fall!!! Can't wait!!!
:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my acceptance email this afternoon!!! I will most definitely be attending UNC in the fall!!! Can't wait!!!

Congradulations! Would you mind telling me when did you have the interview? Jan. 16th? I had an interview on Jan.16, but I didn't hear anything.
My GPA is 4.0, PCAT is 91%, half year pharmacy experience. Maybe my interview performance was bad, so I didn't get the offer. I am very nervous :( since I only applied for UNC.

Congradulations! Would you mind telling me when did you have the interview? Jan. 16th? I had an interview on Jan.16, but I didn't hear anything.
My GPA is 4.0, PCAT is 91%, half year pharmacy experience. Maybe my interview performance was bad, so I didn't get the offer. I am very nervous :( since I only applied for UNC.

I have not heard any news yet either (interviewed Jan 16th). I thought my interview went very well. I am an out of state applicant.

Congrats!

And good luck for all of those who are waiting for the news...!:luck::xf:

I have not heard any news yet either (interviewed Jan 16th). I thought my interview went very well. I am an out of state applicant.
how does unc stack against mercer? would you go to unc instead?

Thank you! I interviewed on Jan. 16th also... My GPA is pretty high (although not a 4.0), but my PCAT wasn't that great. I'll be graduating with BS in Biochemistry in May, and have 10 months of volunteer pharmacy experience and 6 months in an oncology pharmacy. My interview went really well. I'm also a NC resident, which I know gives me an advantage over out of state applicants.

I know one person from our interview day who also received her acceptance, and another who has not heard. Hopefully they just sent out a small batch, and will let you and Antimony know soon!

Good Luck :):luck:

I am getting nervous.. are the interviews over for UNC?

I am getting nervous.. are the interviews over for UNC?

Lets hope not. I am hoping that they are just waiting to hear back from all the people they accepted and see how things look when the dust settles or something. All I know is that I will continue to check my e-mail about 5 times a day in hope that a nice little interview invite from UNC is waiting for me haha. Although as an out of stater, I don't have much hope left.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those whom have interviewed, have you received a rejection letter, waitlist letter, or and other update?

I'm not trying to be offensive, but you are an international student, right?
:D

Anyone heard yet??
Are they still interviewing people??

I still have not heard back after my 2/6 interview. I do not know if I was at the last round. A student speculated it might have been, but that same student also did not know some acceptance letters had already been sent out as well.

Did they give you a time frame in which your interview group would hear back?

They said it could be March when we should expect to hear back. I am not sure if that means by the beginning of March or anytime during the month.

Congratulations! I have still yet to hear back.

Does anyone know when the last interview dates are??

I created a thread for the class of 2013 in the pharmacy students --> pharmacy class threads --> UNC - class of 2013. It might be helpful to discuss any questions or input with things like health requirements, living arrangements, financial aid, transcripts, etc. on there.

hey guys,

dont want to be the bearer of bad news but i had a meeting today with Dr Joyner at UNC school of pharmacy. i was trying to find out the status of my application because i have not heard anything until now. she said my application was on a 'hold' list, so in that sense, no news is good news. however, the bad news is that, for the chapel hill campus, all spots have been filled. so far they have 15 people on a wait list [of people that have interviewed and other wise been excepted]. she, being nice, informed me that all hope was not lost but said that it did not look good (hence my username).

not sure if that helps anyone, but maybe it can help rest some minds

Thanks for the update Terp13, now I can officially move on haha...while I would have loved to have gone to UNC, I got accepted to my second choice so I am grateful for that. I am now officially LECOM-Erie bound!

hey guys,

dont want to be the bearer of bad news but i had a meeting today with Dr Joyner at UNC school of pharmacy. i was trying to find out the status of my application because i have not heard anything until now. she said my application was on a 'hold' list, so in that sense, no news is good news. however, the bad news is that, for the chapel hill campus, all spots have been filled. so far they have 15 people on a wait list [of people that have interviewed and other wise been excepted]. she, being nice, informed me that all hope was not lost but said that it did not look good (hence my username).

not sure if that helps anyone, but maybe it can help rest some minds

So have you interviewed? I interviewed but have still not heard anything except for an email where they told me they still have not made a decision.

hey congrats! UNC was my 1st and only choice and I got in too (Interview Nov 14th, accepted 1 week later--yay) so, see ya in the fall :)

Hi, Antimony, have you finished all of your prerequisits? I was interviewed on Jan. 16 but still waiting for decision. I guess the reason for this holding is because that I still have two classes not finished yet (will be finished in May). A girl I know got acceptance after she finished her last class in Jan. even though she had an interview in Nov. Maybe the school prefer to accept students who have finished all prerequisits.

I found out last week I was waitlisted...does anyone know when people who were accepted had to reply by?

as far as the latest acceptances go, I'm not sure. I know that everyone got two weeks to put down a deposit though once they were accepted.

I put down my deposit a while ago, but I will be declining my seat in the next few days. So there is at least one more seat opening up. Hope that helps.

awesome. :oops: good luck to you! where did you decide to go?

awesome. :oops: good luck to you! where did you decide to go?

I'm going to University of Colorado. It was a tough decision, but I've basically lived in NC all my life and been at UNC the past 4 years for undergrad so I wanted to experience something else.

Good luck! I hope you get a spot. Chapel Hill is just a really amazing place!

I'm a NC resident...applied to only Campbell and UNC. Sent deposit to Campbell, however I received an interview @ UNC in March and was accepted this past week. Is there anyone else on the forum that was possibly involved with the March 16th interviews?

Thanks.

i just received a call being invited to go to their sister campus ecsu and still get a pharmd from unc, does anyone have any info on this at all?

i just received a call being invited to go to their sister campus ecsu and still get a pharmd from unc, does anyone have any info on this at all?

I'm going to do the partnership next year! From what i've gathered...we get a pharmD from UNC and a BS in pharmaceutical science from ECSU. We take the exact same tests at the same time, just in a different location. During the interview they showed us the large room in Kerr with the screens in the back...we'll be on those screens and then at ECSU we'll have most of our professors on a screen in the front of the room. What I was told is the only difference between ECSU and UNC is that students at ECSU will be near a beach. We do have to pay tuition to UNC, but we pay housing and any student fees to ECSU. You will still get to visit UNC b/c students are generally required to visit the UNC campus at least once a semester, but I don't know what we'll do. There's a little blurb about this on the UNC website, but there are people on facebook that are current students in the partnership and they're good at answering questions too. Just look up the UNC Pharmacy Class of 2013 group or the 2012 group. There's also a little bit on the ECSU website. I can't tell you anything about the campus though b/c I only haven't been there, but that's something else you can talk to current students about.

If you haven't done so yet, you'll probably want to list all your questions/concerns and then e-mail Dr. Coker ([email protected]) ...she's really good at answering any questions.

Congratulations and good luck making your decision!

I just got offered admission to UNC-ECSU satellite campus also. Since I've already been accepted to UF main campus, I may just put myself back on the wait list for Chapel Hill. Still deciding. UNC Pharmacy Students at my interview didn't have that many great things to say about the ECSU campus.

^ Yeah, I would say that is the best idea... Unless you're obsessed with getting a degree with UNC-CH written on it. What's the tuition difference going to be if you end up going to UNC over UF?

hey, i'm in the same boat with the ecsu thing...what were some of the good/bad things you've heard about it?

Anybody looking for a couple roomates? Let me know. Still looking or if you have a place that might work too.

Hello, I am on the UNC out of state waitlist. I am curious if other people on sdn are in this same position, and if so if you have been able to get any information from the admissions office about ranking or movement on the waitlist. I was offered a spot at the Elizabeth City campus about a month ago and decided to decline it and be put back on the Chapel Hill waitlist only. After that I have not been able to get any further information about what is going on...
Thanks in advance!

I'm a rising High School Senior (live in New York) that has been looking at 0+6 PharmD schools. UNC is an excellent school.
1) Is UNC a 2+4 school?
2) Is there a specific pre-PharmD 2 year curriculum at UNC ?
3) Assuming I get into UNC and do well for the first 2 years of pre-pharmacy, is there any preference given to UNC students to then get into their PharmD program (for the 4 professional years)? (Albany College of Pharmacy is switching to a 2+4 and they stated that as long as one passes the PCATs, has a satisfactory Interview, and maintain a decent (~2.5) GPA, then they will get into their PharmD program)

I'm a rising High School Senior (live in New York) that has been looking at 0+6 PharmD schools. UNC is an excellent school.
1) Is UNC a 2+4 school?
2) Is there a specific pre-PharmD 2 year curriculum at UNC ?
3) Assuming I get into UNC and do well for the first 2 years of pre-pharmacy, is there any preference given to UNC students to then get into their PharmD program (for the 4 professional years)? (Albany College of Pharmacy is switching to a 2+4 and they stated that as long as one passes the PCATs, has a satisfactory Interview, and maintain a decent (~2.5) GPA, then they will get into their PharmD program)

1) UNC requires about 60 credit hours to enter the program (so about 2 years), however many successful applicants have more credit hours or even a degree
2)There is no pre-pharmacy curriculum at UNC. You can look at their suggested completion dates on the website for how to schedule the first two years.
3) UNC is a public school so 82% of the class has to be from in-state. Generally lots of students do get accepted from UNC itself, but thats mainly a consequence of that they are in state and UNC is one of the best undergrad institutions in the state. As far as comparing to Albany College, it would be nothing like that. The average GPA is 3.6 and average PCAT is 85% composite (and the same is expected from those coming from undergrad at Carolina)

If you are considering applying to UNC's PharmD program in the fall, you might want to check out the live Webcasts of the School's two upcoming information sessions for prospective applicants. The sessions are Aug. 12 (3-5 p.m.) and Sept. 9 (4-6 p.m.). You can submit questions via the live chat and have them answered during the sessions.

More information at: http://www.pharmacy.unc.edu/tv

Last edited: