UNC Pharmacy Fall 08' Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing as well but I live 30 minutes from UNC so they must be doing some in-staters.
 
I am out-of-state and I'm not interviewing yet. I submitted my application close to the deadline, so that is probably why. Or else I'm not getting an interview...lol. I figure they haven't had time to look over applications that come in later.
 
I am interviewing as well but I live 30 minutes from UNC so they must be doing some in-staters.
Congratulations on your offer to interview. I was just in curiosity if you were going to UNC for your undergraduate. I am also a in-stater and have not received any offer from UNC. I am getting nervous~!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, to all those that interviewed yesterday, what did you think? How did you feel about your interviews? I hope you travels home went smoothly....
 
I think the interview went well. It was a little less formal than I expected. I thought there will be an information session such as classes and things like that... but there wasn't any. It just seemed a little strange.
 
I was impressed with how friendly everyone was, students and staff included. The whole process was pretty relaxed, I liked how there was plenty of time to chat with students and other applicants. Overall, it went pretty well.
 
Well, the questions are to be held confidential. The interview lasted 30 min, but the entire day was 3 hours. They did take us on a tour of the Kerr and Beard.
 
Any tricky questions? Did the interview take long? Did you go on a tour of some sort?

No, there are not tricky questions. If you read the interview feedback on this website, I think you are well-prepared.

Mine is only about 30 minutes. Only tour the pharmacy building but not the whole school... i think it would be very hard to tour the whole school imagine how big the school is.

It's a very relaxing process. Not formal at all. so just try to keep yourself warm because it can get cold there .😀
 
I was wondering if anyone got their interview offer yet. I know there were a bunch of people had interviewed already, most of them were out-of-staters. Does anyone have any idea when we, the in-staters should receive the invitation?
 
I live in NC and I interviewed on December 17. In fact, most of the students that I spoke with at the interview were in-state and a lot of them were current UNC students (I'm not).

Also, I was told that the admissions committee TRIES to make decisions on the students who have already interviewed before the next round of interviews.

Good Luck Everyone!! Please post when you receive an admissions decision! I'm anxious!

😍
 
Me too! I can't wait to hear back about our 12/17 interviews. Do you know if they will give us a 'yes' or 'no' or if there is a waitlist we could get put on?
 
Last year people that interviewed generally got their acceptances a week after the interview. But there are holidays now, so it will probably take more time. Interviews will continue until March 6, so a lot more people are going to be invited. Happy New Year to everyone!
 
Is anyone else checking this forum a couple times a day to see if anyone has heard anything fron UNC about our 12/17 interviews?? I am...I hope we hear something soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am checking this site now and then just to see if anybody has some good news from the 12/17 interview AND if anyone has got invitation for the next round of interview, I am still waiting to be invited😕
 
I am checking this site now and then just to see if anybody has some good news from the 12/17 interview AND if anyone has got invitation for the next round of interview, I am still waiting to be invited😕


I'm in the next interview on 1/22... they called a bit before Christmas to schedule it. I guess there are 2 more rounds (maybe 3). Good luck and hope you get an invitation soon
 
I'm in the next interview on 1/22... they called a bit before Christmas to schedule it. I guess there are 2 more rounds (maybe 3). Good luck and hope you get an invitation soon
I did not know they have already started second round till your message. Guess I am not in for this one either🙁 . Oh well,
Good luck with your interview and keep us posted!
 
me too....I think this week is 4 weeks since the interview, right? We should hear something any day now!!!
 
At the interview quite a few people said they had already committed to Campbell, I did too. Are any of you thinking of doing the Masters in Clinical Research/PharmD program at Campbell? I guess they had an info session on Fri, did anyone go??
 
Have those who have been interviewed heard back yet ? has anyone else gotten their interview invitations ?
 
I'm still waiting as well on an interview. My new academic update was sent out by PharmCAS on Jan 8th. Hopefully, for those of us that have not heard yet, we will hear something within the next week or two! Good luck to all!
 
Applied in Oct just before the deadline. UNC sent an email on Jan 10th for an interview on Jan 22.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how we will hear the results of our 12/17 interviews? E-mail, snail mail or phone call?? Should be any day now...
 
they said they will try to make the decision by the end of this month.
 
Has anyone got acceptances from UNC yet ? They had another batch for interviews yesterday....Can any one of the attendees tell us on how many people were invited, how it went and any indications of when people will hear back.
 
Has anyone got acceptances from UNC yet ? They had another batch for interviews yesterday....Can any one of the attendees tell us on how many people were invited, how it went and any indications of when people will hear back.

I interviewed on 12/17 and still haven't heard anything....argh😕
 
Sea Pharm,
I see you are accepted at Shenandoah. Did you accept them while waiting for UNC ?.........If you did, did you have to send the retainer fee $1000? Just curious.
 
The interview was pretty relaxed yesterday and I think there were about 30 or so candidates there... As far as notification, they stated they will notify you once a decision is made (could come at any time) and that all decisions will be made by March 1...
 
I just received an email saying that no decision has been made...

I don't know why it takes them so long. For Dec. Interviewees, this is a very long wait 🙂
 
I just received an email saying that no decision has been made...

I don't know why it takes them so long. For Dec. Interviewees, this is a very long wait 🙂

I got that e-mail today too....argh! Maybe we all stunk and they weren't satisfied with settling on any of us? Or, they just know that they are such a good school that even if we already excepted to other schools we would still go to UNC. I guess they can do whatever they want. It's good for them, but it stinks for us🙄
 
I got that e-mail today too....argh! Maybe we all stunk and they weren't satisfied with settling on any of us? Or, they just know that they are such a good school that even if we already excepted to other schools we would still go to UNC. I guess they can do whatever they want. It's good for them, but it stinks for us🙄


Well, in the letter that they gave during the interview, they said we will hear back from 4 to 6 weeks. The letter sent out today didn't give any reason to justify why there is a delay. I think we take the school very seriously... but whether the school takes us seriously is another question.
 
I agree with Kidlove, that was the feeling I got. It seems like they think we should be thankful for being given the opportunity to interview there.
 
May be I can put a bit of a positive spin here........The number of invitees for Jan 22 was about 30 people. I am assuming the same in Dec. (some one can confirm this)....They will start making decisions before the Feb batch. If the class size is 155....don't you people think that most of the invited people will get in ?
Good luck to you all...
 
Good luck to those of you who have already interviewed. Has anyone who has not received an interview for the previous sessions received an email about the next set of interviews? I know they just had an interview this week, so I am not sure if they have sent out new interview invites yet??
 
Good luck to those of you who have already interviewed. Has anyone who has not received an interview for the previous sessions received an email about the next set of interviews? I know they just had an interview this week, so I am not sure if they have sent out new interview invites yet??


I haven't heard anything from them yet.🙁 I'm getting scared, but I agree with Sea Pharm. I don't believe that they will pick everybody that they have interviewed thus far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Just got an email to interview, so it looks like the next round of invitations just went out. Haven't called yet to see when actual date is though...

It was sort of a surprise, I figured I was out of the running for UNC at this point... 👍
 
I just got the email as well. I had also pretty much given up on hearing from them so this is a pretty nice surprise!
 
I didn't know they told interviewees before their interview that they were being considering for Elizabeth City...interesting. I was under the impression that if you got accepted they would tell you Chapel Hill or Elizabeth City. Who knows?