-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNC Pharmacy Fall 08' Applicants
Started by sunwarrior86
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
From those that got accepted.... who is accepting? I am assuming the $200 are not refundable right?
yes the $200 is non-refundable
Question for those who got in...
I noticed that a post or two above mentioned that you have to decide whether you want to accept or reject their admissions offer in 2 weeks. My question is if you accept the offer are you legally bound to go? Or is it just that you will lose your $200 deposit if you don't go??? Thanks!!
You can interpret it any way you like. I don't think UNC will sue you if you pay their deposit and then don't go there. UNC is one of top 10 Pharamacy colleges. For in-state students the cost is about half of the other colleges. I would say almost all offers made to NC students will be accepted to go there for study.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's why most schools have wait lists.
For those of you who are still waiting for the interview, interviews still continue. Their last will be on March 6.
There was interview today, and several people came to auditorium where we were having class. It brought back memories for me.
And you are right, you can change your mind and not to go to UNC-there is no obligation of any kind, but your deposit will not be refunded. They make a wait list for this purpose-separate lists for in and out of state. So bunch of people will be very happy if you don't go.
There was interview today, and several people came to auditorium where we were having class. It brought back memories for me.
And you are right, you can change your mind and not to go to UNC-there is no obligation of any kind, but your deposit will not be refunded. They make a wait list for this purpose-separate lists for in and out of state. So bunch of people will be very happy if you don't go.
I emailed them weeks ago but didnt get a response. Boo.
uncboy i copied your signature..... it inspired me... hope you dont mind 🙂
hahah go ahead. hpefully it will inspire others! 😎
I just received the interview offer from the student services. HaHa~ I just can't stop smiling.
me too, surprised to found out an interview invite email after get back from OSU interview.I just received the interview offer from the student services. HaHa~ I just can't stop smiling.
they should invite me earlier, right now i probably won't go.
I got an interview today too! I really wasn't expecting that to ever come!
Hey guys, thanks for your encouragement in reading your posts. So I interviewed in late January and am anxiously awaiting a decision. How long did it take for the letters to be mailed?? I'm dying over here!! Thanks!
I thought that it was over for me but I just got the email!!!!!! Everyone that may have given up by now, please don't because I was sure that I was on the reject list!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all those who got accepted, and good luck to those waiting to hear from them!
I live in and go to college in NC. I hope to be one of you guys in a couple of years.
Could the accepted post their stats (gpa, pcat, extracurriculars, etc)? I'm curious to see the range of students UNC accepts so I know where I should be headed.
I live in and go to college in NC. I hope to be one of you guys in a couple of years.
Could the accepted post their stats (gpa, pcat, extracurriculars, etc)? I'm curious to see the range of students UNC accepts so I know where I should be headed.
Is your point that they got money or that they are going towards online education?
Congratulations! And could you share the date and time for your interview please?
thanks😳
thanks😳
Congratulations! And could you share the date and time for your interview please?
thanks😳
I scheduled mine for March 6 from 12-3, but she also said there was one available on that same day from 3-6.
Do you think that interviewing on March 6th is a disadvantage or just the last interview?
Also, I remember someone posting about how "All decisions will be made by March 1". That would be difficult considering there are interviews on the 6th.....
Also, I remember someone posting about how "All decisions will be made by March 1". That would be difficult considering there are interviews on the 6th.....
In response to that article - I talked to a guy from another school who is learning from Chapel Hill about this new way of teaching and they are going to be implementing the same system. Apparently this type of learning is quite a few years off - also there are several other schools looking to do this. The technology is there and they are using this approach to learning so that we can apply our knowledge (like you would in a pharmacy practice setting) rather than just being fed information from a professor.
I wouldn't worry about it.
I wouldn't worry about it.
I scheduled mine on this Thursday(2/21/08) from 12-3. What do we do for those three hours? I know the 30 minutes are dedicated to the interview itself, what about 2 hr 30min????Congratulations! And could you share the date and time for your interview please?
thanks😳
R
roanoke
I scheduled mine on this Thursday(2/21/08) from 12-3. What do we do for those three hours? I know the 30 minutes are dedicated to the interview itself, what about 2 hr 30min????
You will tour around the building, they will review everyone's transcripts letting you know what pre-reqs are remaining, if any, and then have time to ask the students any questions you have (excluding admission questions) about the program, the area, the school, etc...
It's pretty relaxed... good luck
R
roanoke
Do you think that interviewing on March 6th is a disadvantage or just the last interview?
Also, I remember someone posting about how "All decisions will be made by March 1". That would be difficult considering there are interviews on the 6th.....
It's just the last interview apparently. The March 1 decision deadline was stated on one of the papers in the packet handed out at the beginning of the interview. So the "all decisions by March 1" they stated no longer valid...
Good luck...
You will tour around the building, they will review everyone's transcripts letting you know what pre-reqs are remaining, if any, and then have time to ask the students any questions you have (excluding admission questions) about the program, the area, the school, etc...
It's pretty relaxed... good luck
How does the whole "reviewing transcripts" go? Is that done in front of everybody or is that a part of the interview?
R
roanoke
You'll be in a group and everyone goes into a room and then each person meets w/ an admissions coordinator while everyone just talks to each other. You'll have sheet in your packet that marks off what is done, the grades for each, and so on. It's an opportunity to ask any questions you may have, resolve any issues around classes, correct anything that may be wrong and ensure everyone is on track to complete the pre-reqs.
Did anyone who interviewed in late January get an acceptance letter yet??
How long does it usually take to get a feedback after having the interview? I am curious.
who do you interview with? (students or faculty??)
R
roanoke
Faculty and an almunus/area pharmacist...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I'm currently applying to UNC pharmacy school. I interviewed on Jan. 22, and I'm also anxiously waiting to hear back. Based on what I've seen/read, I think only one wave of acceptance letters have been sent out around Jan. 30. The pool of applicants were probably the December and part of the January interviewers. I'm guessing that UNC will send out another wave of acceptance letters next week based on how many people accept/decline when the deadline (2/22) approaches. Hopefully most of the people that interviewed on Jan 22 will know next week. Beware, this is at best an assumption based on circumstantial evidence.
I've talked to some current students who intern at the store that I work at. Most of them said that it took at least a month before they heard back. So don't stress! It's simply a matter of time!
I'm currently applying to UNC pharmacy school. I interviewed on Jan. 22, and I'm also anxiously waiting to hear back. Based on what I've seen/read, I think only one wave of acceptance letters have been sent out around Jan. 30. The pool of applicants were probably the December and part of the January interviewers. I'm guessing that UNC will send out another wave of acceptance letters next week based on how many people accept/decline when the deadline (2/22) approaches. Hopefully most of the people that interviewed on Jan 22 will know next week. Beware, this is at best an assumption based on circumstantial evidence.
I've talked to some current students who intern at the store that I work at. Most of them said that it took at least a month before they heard back. So don't stress! It's simply a matter of time!
I interviewed in December and have not heard anything. I spoke with two current students--they said this is typical of the school. Regardless, it's been a very long wait...
I hope they have a few spots left for the people interviewing March 6th..... not just the ones left over from the people who decline the offers from earlier interviews. Anyone know anything about the number of admissions offered 1st interview vs. last interview from previous years? Any opinions or educated guesses? Thanks in advance. -M
In response to Matthew4.....the pharmacy school insists that your chances are the same regardless of when you interview. Based on that assumption, I would guess that the school tries its best to keep the ratio of interviews to acceptances constant, regardless of whether it's Dec, Jan, Feb, or March. I wouldn't even be surprised if the school offers more than 160 acceptances to anticipate applicants turning down their acceptances. This is just my educated guess.
Congrats to all who have been accepted and are waiting to hear back or interview. Does anyone know if they are still sending out emails for interviews- from what I understdand March 6th is the last?? Thanks, and congrats again!!!
Congrats to all who have been accepted and are waiting to hear back or interview. Does anyone know if they are still sending out emails for interviews- from what I understdand March 6th is the last?? Thanks, and congrats again!!!
What I have heard is that some people I saw yesterday at the interview session were given two options. One was to have interview on the 21th and the other was to have interview on the 6th of March. Given that the interview offer email was on the 15th of this month and they asked to people which dates they preferred, I would imagine they'd be running out of people to call for interview. But that's just my assumption. If turned out to be at my fault saying this, Great~ it is even better for you guys. Good luck to ya all.
They are going to let you know before mid March. That's what I heard from one of interviewees on 2/21For those of you who just interviewed in February...did student services give you any deadlines as to when they were going to notify you of an acceptance?
Does anyone know how many applicants they are accepting this year? I know they have increased the number over the past few years and accepted around 165 last fall. Will this number be the same/more/less? And estimates of how many spots have already been accepted/filled? Thanks in advance.
Did anyone hear anything back from the school yet? I am anxiously waiting to hear back.
Did you by the way have to send those forms you got during the interview??
I wish we can hear back soon. Good luck. How did your interview go?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you that are still waiting for interviews, don't give up!! I just got an invite to interview!!! Check your emails! Good luck to those of you that are still waiting to hear back from interviews!
For those of you that are still waiting for interviews, don't give up!! I just got an invite to interview!!! Check your emails! Good luck to those of you that are still waiting to hear back from interviews!
That's great news!!! What time did you schedule yours?
Misswash,
My interview went okay. I was more nervous than I thought I would be, but I felt more comfortable as the interview went along. UNC does try to make it as low-key and friendly as possible. However, based on my personality type, I would have done better if they had been more direct and confrontational with the questions.
I'm sure they understand that everyone is nervous for interviews, and you won't always give the best answers under those circumstances. A pharmacist that I talked to who interviewed students in the past said that she remembered some of the applicants drenched in sweat during the interview.
My interview went okay. I was more nervous than I thought I would be, but I felt more comfortable as the interview went along. UNC does try to make it as low-key and friendly as possible. However, based on my personality type, I would have done better if they had been more direct and confrontational with the questions.
I'm sure they understand that everyone is nervous for interviews, and you won't always give the best answers under those circumstances. A pharmacist that I talked to who interviewed students in the past said that she remembered some of the applicants drenched in sweat during the interview.
rcatunc,
that's what I felt also during the interview. I would have felt a lot better when they were direct. I just heard that they were sending out another interview offer, I guess, we will hear back after that interview... I am nervous as hell, aren't you also???
that's what I felt also during the interview. I would have felt a lot better when they were direct. I just heard that they were sending out another interview offer, I guess, we will hear back after that interview... I am nervous as hell, aren't you also???
In addition, I think we are addicted to SDN, rcatunc. Every single time I get online, this site is my first favorite to visit.