UNC Secondary Deadline: Is it Strict?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j99

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was mailing my UNC secondary today, when I noticed for the first time that the cover letter said "Please return materials by October 18". Uh oh. Needless to say I upped my postage to Express Mail. But does anybody have any experience with the deadline requirement--that is, any word on whether or not it is strictly enforced? I'm too scared to call them and ask at this point...

Members don't see this ad.

No - its not strict. If you notice the postmark of your secondary materials - the date they ask you to get it vack to them is set two weeks from that date. I live in Raleigh, and their application took 6 dates to get to me. When I sat down to do the secondary, I realized it was 3:45 pm on it's due date! I called and the office staff was very nice about it. They said not to worry since it took so long to get to me anyway. Do not be afraid to call with any questions - the people who work in that office are some of the nicest I have ever run into.

thanks, bw. Have you heard anything about interviews from unc?

they just started interviewing last monday (I guess that was the 22nd?). They are not having their first full admissions meeting until November 19, in order to have enough applications to review. I interviewed this past monday and I was only my interviewer's third interview this year. If I remember correctly, they are planning on extending this years interview season into late March. Also - UNC is notoriously late at getting information out to people. Last year a friend of mine interviewed in November (I think), got accepted at the next admissions meeting in December and didn't find out until February. It is rolling admissions, though, just not often as quick as you would like.