UNC Supplemental short answer question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organoDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any of you are working or have worked on the supplemental, how did you address the question:

" Describe the major influences in your life."

I'm stumped on this question. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

If any of you are working or have worked on the supplemental, how did you address the question:

" Describe the major influences in your life."

I'm stumped on this question. Any suggestions?

yeah the supplemental is tough. Some questions I already answered in my PS. Still debating if its worth applying oos.

I didn't finish that question yet because I don't know. Is it to corny to say your dentist? probably. And duke since you'd be competition I probably shouldn't say this but I think applying is worth a shot, because it really is a great dental school. While $150 is a lot I figure its worth it so that you won't regret later not applying

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah the thing is a beast.... I agree with you Krisko that it's worth a shot, even if applying OOS.

That supplemental took me about as long as the AADSAS application to finish haha. The best advice I could give is honesty. Maybe not all your influences were huge, but small ones count as well. Maybe a piece of advice from an advisor, or a class from a professor. That kind of thing. A profound Confucious-esque statement would help, but lying or exaggerating could be worse, at least in my opinion that's how I went about it.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, and the question, give reasons for your interest in dentistry. Um, can't they read my personal statement?

I have a question about the UNC supplemental not related to the essay question. When it asks "Date your AADSAS application was sent" do they mean the mailing date? Or the date you e-submitted?

I have a question about the UNC supplemental not related to the essay question. When it asks "Date your AADSAS application was sent" do they mean the mailing date? Or the date you e-submitted?

I assumed it was the esubmit date.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I just talked about my two mentors and how they inspired me. That should be good enough.

Faith: I filled it out as the esubmit date.