UNCG post bacc or NC State DIY Post bacc ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardioK

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some guidance. I’ve never taken science classes before and I just got accepted into UNCG for their premed program.
I live in Raleigh, and was wondering what would be the better option. UNCG or NC State/ UNC- CH DIY post bacc?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I need some guidance. I’ve never taken science classes before and I just got accepted into UNCG for their premed program.
I live in Raleigh, and was wondering what would be the better option. UNCG or NC State/ UNC- CH DIY post bacc?

Go for the cheaper option - usually the DIY coursework if you can enroll as a degree-seeking student (you’re not required to actually finish a second bachelor’s degree)

Plus, I think the pace of a DIY post bac is often more forgiving for a returning student, but YMMV.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably the cheaper option, but I would look to see if UNCG has any linkages, if that's something you're interested in. These are routes that allow you to matriculate into medical school right after your post-bac, and it usually means that the medical school has a relationship with the post-bac program, which might help your chances at those particular med schools.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors