UNCG post bacc or NC State DIY Post bacc ?

Started by CardioK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CardioK

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I need some guidance. I’ve never taken science classes before and I just got accepted into UNCG for their premed program.
I live in Raleigh, and was wondering what would be the better option. UNCG or NC State/ UNC- CH DIY post bacc?
 
Hey guys I need some guidance. I’ve never taken science classes before and I just got accepted into UNCG for their premed program.
I live in Raleigh, and was wondering what would be the better option. UNCG or NC State/ UNC- CH DIY post bacc?

Go for the cheaper option - usually the DIY coursework if you can enroll as a degree-seeking student (you’re not required to actually finish a second bachelor’s degree)

Plus, I think the pace of a DIY post bac is often more forgiving for a returning student, but YMMV.
 
Probably the cheaper option, but I would look to see if UNCG has any linkages, if that's something you're interested in. These are routes that allow you to matriculate into medical school right after your post-bac, and it usually means that the medical school has a relationship with the post-bac program, which might help your chances at those particular med schools.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors