Undated LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just noticed my LOR didn't have a date. I saw an older version so I'm hoping someone along the way noticed that a date was missing and put it on there.
But should I confirm?? I don't want any additional grief about how I know and whatever..
But is that risk less than having an updated LOR?
(The letter has already been uploaded to eras)

Members don't see this ad.

I had to get a one of my letter writers to upload an updated LOR for a similar reason. It's no big deal. Just make sure you assign the correct one to your programs

So I should follow up on it and confirm there was a date on the letter? Right now, I'm not sure if they saw it and fixed it prior to uploading.
I was just hoping I could ignore it... Kinda like a "don't sweat the small stuff"... But I don't know if this is "small".

So I should follow up on it and confirm there was a date on the letter? Right now, I'm not sure if they saw it and fixed it prior to uploading.
I was just hoping I could ignore it... Kinda like a "don't sweat the small stuff"... But I don't know if this is "small".
This is pretty small. I mean, it's worth sending a quick email to the writer, but not really worth much else.

I agree it is small. But mine was a similar scenario. Drafted the same letter with adjustments, created another form on ERAS, and had the letter writer sign again. This person already agreed to help you. Honest mistake.

I agree it is small. But mine was a similar scenario. Drafted the same letter with adjustments, created another form on ERAS, and had the letter writer sign again. This person already agreed to help you. Honest mistake.
You don't need to create another form in ERAS. The letter uploader can replace their previous letter. Or at least they can this year.