Undated LOR

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by skyblue2000, Aug 25, 2015.

1. skyblue2000

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I just noticed my LOR didn't have a date. I saw an older version so I'm hoping someone along the way noticed that a date was missing and put it on there.
    But should I confirm?? I don't want any additional grief about how I know and whatever..
    But is that risk less than having an updated LOR?
    (The letter has already been uploaded to eras)

2. DiscretePete

2+ Year Member

I had to get a one of my letter writers to upload an updated LOR for a similar reason. It's no big deal. Just make sure you assign the correct one to your programs

3. skyblue2000

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So I should follow up on it and confirm there was a date on the letter? Right now, I'm not sure if they saw it and fixed it prior to uploading.
    I was just hoping I could ignore it... Kinda like a "don't sweat the small stuff"... But I don't know if this is "small".

4. gutonc

gutonc No Meat, No Treat
    Administrator Physician PhD 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is pretty small. I mean, it's worth sending a quick email to the writer, but not really worth much else.

5. DiscretePete

2+ Year Member

I agree it is small. But mine was a similar scenario. Drafted the same letter with adjustments, created another form on ERAS, and had the letter writer sign again. This person already agreed to help you. Honest mistake.

6. Raryn

Raryn Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You don't need to create another form in ERAS. The letter uploader can replace their previous letter. Or at least they can this year.