Undergrad Anatomy + Physiology similar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullefect1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken undergrad anatomy + physiology, do you think that it helped you out alot during these classes in med school? I am currently taking the first semester, and i am learning Alot, how much more do you learn in your classes current anatomy and physiology classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by fullefect1
For those who have taken undergrad anatomy + physiology, do you think that it helped you out alot during these classes in med school? I am currently taking the first semester, and i am learning Alot, how much more do you learn in your classes current anatomy and physiology classes?

I think it depends where you goto school.

If you are tested on details, taking the classes may help a bit with familiarity, but it will all come down to cramming worthless details in the end anyway. If you are lucky enough to goto a school where you are tested on concepts, having the background in those classes becomes HUGE- if you can know physiology cold, you'd be a superstar, as long as the testing methods lend themselves to concepts.

I was a physio major in undergrad, and it's been a HUGE help in med school. The anatomy and physiology are obviously harder at this level, but having a good background in them makes life a million times easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
that sounds good. We basically have to know every word in the book for the class I am taking now. I guess it will help out alot in the long run though.

Originally posted by fullefect1

The only course that helped me was undergrad comparative vertebrate anatomy (cats are just like humans, more or less!). Our Med school physiology course takes all the concepts we learned in undergrad, throws them out the window, and then proceeds to beat us over the head with minute details that we'll never be responsible for again. Ugh, can you tell I'm still bitter? :mad: