Undergrad Education

xa3

High School
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a junior in high school and I've been searching for colleges that I want to attend. I want a good program that will prepare me well for medical school that's located in California, though I have also looked at NYU, Case Western, and Washington University in St. Louis.
(I'm not a resident of CA so I'll probably won't get into any UC schools :(dang)

Also, can anyone tell me about their experience as an undergrad at University of Southern California. That's currently my first choice, but I'm not too informed about their reputation in preparing their students in medicine.

What about University of AZ? (I'll probably go there if I go in-state)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So will you become a cali resident next year or what? Give me more info. I'm at USC right now. I might be able to help you out. Send me a pm.

No, I'm not moving to California. I'm probably gonna stay an AZ resident for a long time :). But I think i heard that around 60 percent of people who go to USC are from Cali.

Members don't see this ad :)
How prepared you are for medical school will be dependant mostly on you. You have to get what you can out of your education be it state school or Ivy League.

So basically, any school, and certainly USC, can prepare you for med school if you are serious about your preparation.

Hey, I'm a junior in high school and I've been searching for colleges that I want to attend. I want a good program that will prepare me well for medical school that's located in California, though I have also looked at NYU, Case Western, and Washington University in St. Louis.
(I'm not a resident of CA so I'll probably won't get into any UC schools :(dang)

Also, can anyone tell me about their experience as an undergrad at University of Southern California. That's currently my first choice, but I'm not too informed about their reputation in preparing their students in medicine.

Thanks

First off, go visit the colleges you're interested in and then see how you like it. There, you can talk to people who are going there. Especially if you take part on the overnight thing, then you can talk to multiple people and get a wide range of information.

I found this funny website that had interviews of students from all over the country and it was one of the funniest things ever... about student life, classes, etc. I can't remember the site but it was amazing. I watched a few from AZ because that is where I used to wnat to go.

Secondly, spend a bunch of time on their website and you will find a ton of information. have them send you info and talk to admission councellors.

Thirdly, like already said.. a good medical program simply depends on how much prep you put into it and what you do with it. Go where it feels right.

Thanks
Just let me point out that just about any school that any school that has a med school attached to it usually prepares you well. You don't have to go to a top 50 or Ivy League, I wish I could though but it isn't necessary. If you go to a school that has a medical school they slightly favor their own students so thats just a little +1, doesn't mean you'll get in though.