undergrad GPA and CC GPA

Started by maddenbr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maddenbr

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I just had a question about how grad schools look at GPAs. Lets say I took a couple of PT school pre-reqs at my undergrad school (some bio & chem, didn't do too well in bio though...but this was when i had no idea what i wanted to do with my career), but then I changed my major to something not related to PT at all. i'm going to finish up my major this upcoming year and then pick up a minor, but have decided that I want to go into PT. So I was planning on taking ALL PT school pre-reqs at a CC after I graduate. Since I already took some bio and chem classes in my undergrad education and plan to retake those classes + finish up the rest of pre-reqs at a CC, will grad schools combine those pre-req grades (those classes that i took at my undergrad school + pre-reqs at CC)?? or will they look at all the CC prereqs separate from undergrad?
sorry if that sounds confusing! any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 😀

-my
 
Each school is different on how they accept retakes. Some schools will only take the highest grade when calculating GPA (U of M for example). Some schools will average the two letter grades of the retaken course (Mayo for example). I think PTCAS combines the two grades as well. Either way, it's going to improve your GPA, but make sure you do the calculations before hand.