1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Undergrad GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by vugu62, Mar 14, 2004.

1. vugu62

vugu62 Member
    7+ Year Member

What is the lowest grade in O.Chem that people can get while still remain competitive being that they have A's in General Chem and Biology and B's in Physics?

2. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

C-. People get in with Cs in the prereqs all the time, including ochem. If there are As in gen chem, Bs in physics and a good overall science GPA it isn't going to be that big of a deal. Things like a solid upward trend and As in upper division classes will help sweeten the deal. Everyone knows ochem is difficult. Half the doctors I talk to when it comes up that I'm finishing up the organic series will say, "Yup...ochem...my only Cs in college."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Looks like vugu just bombed an ochem midterm. Don't worry about it, look at the long run.

4. bella_dottoressa

bella_dottoressa make it happen
    7+ Year Member

Seriously. It isn't the end of the world; hell I got a 37% on my last ochem midterm...A 37%! One test doesn't matter, one class doesn't. You're fine. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...