Undergrad-Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last semester I earned a 3.853. I had all A's and A-' in my courses. This semester I have A's in everything; calc 1, gen chem 2, gen chem 2 lab, english comp 2, and bio 2 lab. I am struggling with bio 2 lecture. I have a high B+. According to the grade list, I am usually in the top 3 with my exam scores. I heard this instructor curves, but I was wondering if he does not would my chances of med school be ruined?

Members don't see this ad.

Take a deep breath and chill out. As long as your GPA is above 3.5 your medical school chances are very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last semester I earned a 3.853. I had all A's and A-' in my courses. This semester I have A's in everything; calc 1, gen chem 2, gen chem 2 lab, english comp 2, and bio 2 lab. I am struggling with bio 2 lecture. I have a high B+. According to the grade list, I am usually in the top 3 with my exam scores. I heard this instructor curves, but I was wondering if he does not would my chances of med school be ruined?

I don't know buddy, I think you're screwed. My sister's cousin's best friend told me even the Caribbean doesn't accept anything under a 3.9.

You make me siiiiick!!!!!!! Calm down, even I'm lookin at two B+'s, I was pissed at first, but I understand that I can raise my gpa to 3.8 if I get a 4.0 next quarter ( I have a 3.6 now), ur probably a freshman we both have so much more to go through that in a way the B+ that you just got may not even matter, so go and watch a movie or something.

Oh yeah, the thing that screwed me over was that I was relying on a curve which did not happen. So DONT RELY ON CURVES!!!!

I would try to keep it above 3.9
If your overall GPA falls below 3.9 I'm afraid you might have to do a post-bacc program. I think the Caribbean cut-off is around a 3.6 too. Just get a 4.0 from now on and you should be right on the middle of applicants.

o_o wow you have so many A-s already? and possibly a B+ in Bio??? so much for the 4.0 cut off, people like you should be kept out of Med school so you dont kill any patient. lol :cool:

j/k

You're usually top 3? And you're ok with that??? Wow! :eek:

Second place is the first loser. You better start focusing. :laugh:

hey gunner, i understand that you need more ammo and rations to survive this war. But don't kill us to steal our ammo because you already have enough :mad: :mad:

I don't know buddy, I think you're screwed. My sister's cousin's best friend told me even the Caribbean doesn't accept anything under a 3.9.

Wouldn't your sister's cousin also be your cousin? Try to be a little less clumsy when you make lame attempts at being funny.

This is ridiculous. Quit looking for approval from internet strangers. I had roughly 3.0's for my first 2 years of college, roughly 4.0's my last 2 years (exactly 3.5 overall) and I got into 4 medical schools.

Wow...sorry dude, but you're kinda screwed... You need an AMCAS GPA of 4.2 or higher... no way you're getting that with a B+ in your transcript. And I don't know who the heck you're getting a recommendation from, because you just blew your chances at your profs writing good ones by finishing 3rd. And btw, if you get a B+ in bio, you better pray for at least 15 on the BS section of the MCAT.

My gf suggests McDonalds if all else fails. They give health benefits, Walmart doesn't...

You've got a tough course load, and very good grades. Complaining about an 89% is just pathetic. Now if you slacked off in bio lecture and got a B instead of an A because of that, don't complain about it...fix it. I worked my ass off for a B+ in organic this term...and you think one B+ in bio will "ruin your chances"? I may as well quit right now, right!?

haha...I don't know if the OP is being sarcastic or not

but if not..then yea, your chances are pretty much ruined, a B amidst all your As will be a major red flag. I would suggest you withdraw from that class and retake it to get an A or consider caribbean route