rnnpmaybe

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is it generally easier to get into your undergrad alma mater, or does it not really matter?

Thanks

NutCracker2021

~Keeping Faith~
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
mmm..i wouldnt say easier..but it is an advantage because all of your resources are within your reach...my undergrad does not have a medical school but there is one like around the corner and is affiliated with us...so i take advantage of those people as much as possible. I shadowed doctors there, i spoke to admissions there, i have worked there..the opportunities are endless..

Slowpoke

10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2008
Maximum Security Anti-Zombie Fortress
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I've heard a mixed review on this topic. So I don't think you'll be getting an accurate answer.

But if you're good enough to get into your alma mater you should be good enough for someone else's alma mater, if you know what im sayinggggg

About the Ads

Docere

10+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, I'd agree that there are some mixed opinions about this. But generally what I heard was that some universities would rather you explore some other options/places rather than just sticking with the familiar, so to speak.

HeatherMD

Queen of Passiveagressiva
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2008
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
In Canada, yes (infinitely easier!)

In the US, from what I've seen here, no it doesn't seem to matter as much.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.