Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- 3.80 GPA (sGPA 3.62). Master’s GPA is 3.95
- 506 MCAT: 126,125,127,128 (taken once before with a score of 505)
- From California
- Half white and half asian (immigrant father)
- I went to a top 3 undergrad university and am also working on a master’s degree from there over my gap year.
- ~225 clinical hours at local children’s hospital, ~250 in local VA for a total of 475 hours
- 3 years of moderate research between two labs, around 1,000 total hours if I had to guess. We’re currently in revision for a publication in a big journal, but I wouldn’t be anywhere near the first author. 2 publications where I’m not the first author either.
- 125 shadowing hours total.
- 100 hours of Non-clinical volunteering
- 450 hours on club sports team, 250 tutoring hours, 625 hours non-clinical employment
- Student paper award for a research publication
- 1,500 anticipated hours working as an EMT over my gap year. I don’t think it matters much but I got a 9 on PREview.
Odds I get into one? Applying very broadly, and to every California school:
| U of Alabama School of Medicine |
| U of Arkansas |
| U of Arizona - Tucson |
| UC Riverside |
| Loma Linda |
| UC Davis |
| UCLA |
| California Northstate |
| UCSD |
| California University of Science and Medicine |
| UC Irvine |
| Kaiser |
| USC |
| UCSF |
| Stanford |
| George Washington University |
| Georgetown |
| Florida State |
| Florida International Herbert Wertheim |
| U of Miami Miller |
| U of Hawaii John A Burns |
| Southern Illinois |
| Rush University |
| Loyola Chicago Stritch |
| U of Kentucky |
| U of Louisville |
| Louisiana State - Shreveport |
| Louisiana State - New Orleans |
| Tulane |
| Central Michigan |
| Michigan State |
| Wake Forest |
| U of Nevada Reno |
| U of Nevada Las Vegas |
| Albany Medical College |
| SUNY - Upstate |
| SUNY - Downstate |
| Oregon Health & Science University SOM |
| Penn State |
| Temple University Lewis Katz |
| Drexel |
| Meharry Medical College |
| East Tennessee |
| U of Tennessee |
| U of Utah |
| Medical College of Wisconsin |
| U of Wisconsin |