Undergrad prep ?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orrghead16

decimals and dollars
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It looks like you are definitely on the right track and will be a good candidate for MD/PhD programs. I can't think of anything else you need to do. In addition to the good grades and MCAT score, the admissions committee just wants to see that you are commited to a career in both medicine and research.

It sounds like you have already had a good research experience, so I would say to try another lab if you want. It won't take away from your application. It also may help you to explore another field of science and learn different techniques. And, there is nothing to say that you have to do your PhD in the same field that you did your undergrad research. Just have fun and enjoy it.

It looks like you are definitely on the right track and will be a good candidate for MD/PhD programs. I can't think of anything else you need to do. In addition to the good grades and MCAT score, the admissions committee just wants to see that you are commited to a career in both medicine and research.

It sounds like you have already had a good research experience, so I would say to try another lab if you want. It won't take away from your application. It also may help you to explore another field of science and learn different techniques. And, there is nothing to say that you have to do your PhD in the same field that you did your undergrad research. Just have fun and enjoy it.
:thumbup:

Sounds great. I'm a math-bio major as well! :)

Only thing I would add is some clinical experiences. Alot of people I've talked to during the application process have said that clinical experience should not be a priority for md/phd applicants, but I disagree. You don't really need to volunteer to have patient contact; find a physician in a medical specialty that sounds interesting to you and shadow him once a week or something. It's a cool experience and will really help you during interviews.