Undergrad transfer gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayndim

Mommy of 3
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the undergrad grades you transfer in (towards another undergrad degree or post bac classes) count towards your gpa? It doesn't at the school I am attending but will it when I apply to med school. I'm a little worried as my transfer gpa is 4.0 and now I will be taking chem, org chem and bio. So I would like the transfer gpa to count towards my cumulative gpa when I apply to med school. Hope that makes sense.

Andrea

Members don't see this ad.

yes they will. if the grades you transfer are undergraduate they will be combined with your other undergraduate grades. on the amcas it breaks everything down by undergrad, grad, post-bacc, etc., not by school. hope this helps! :)

Thanks. Do you know the policy about online classes. I have the opportunity to do my chem and bio online (both with an in person lab). Is that acceptable? I am a non trad with 3 kids (4, 2 and 5 mos). It would be so much easier to do it online.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I'm not 100% sure about online classes, but as long as it is offered at your school, you should be okay. I took one class, environmental chemistry, at my school which was online and it was treated just like any other class.

best of luck! :D

Originally posted by spe12med
yeah, I'm not 100% sure about online classes, but as long as it is offered at your school, you should be okay. I took one class, environmental chemistry, at my school which was online and it was treated just like any other class.

best of luck! :D

Yeah, it looks like the same thing on the transcript. No little notes or anything special about it on the transcript.