undergrad USC or UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deutsch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I'll be a biochemistry major at either USC or UCLA. I am going to apply to pharm school, so which school would best prepare me for pharm?? and also, does anyone know whether they have grades curve at USC??

Members don't see this ad.

so I'll be a biochemistry major at either USC or UCLA. I am going to apply to pharm school, so which school would best prepare me for pharm?? and also, does anyone know whether they have grades curve at USC??

Well, I personally did not attend either of the school but I can answer your second question. From what I heard from the interview portion at USC, the P2 student said that they do curve. He was telling us that as long as we are close to the average of the class we should be ok.

As for your undergrad at USC or UCLA, you have to take into consideration certain factors that are important to you (such as: academic, outreach, activities & organizations, etc...) and you will find the best fit.

Did you apply for the TAP program (7 or 8 year pharmacy undergrad + pharmacy program)? For me, that program was how I decided to go to USC, since it's great not having pressure to do extremely well in order to get into pharmacy school.

In terms of the classes, USC undergrad science classes are normally curved. There's no set standard, but the I've found that if you get around average for the class, that's about a low B. Which is pretty good, as long as you do well for a few of the exams in each class :D

Members don't see this ad :)
both excellent schools. UCLA generally has bigger classes and slightly better reputation. I can't see how choosing either of these schools can be wrong.

My friend with 3.4 got into USC pharm School from CSUN. So, univ, grades aren't everything.

If you didnt get into the TAP program, I would go to UCLA. It is cheaper, safer environment and did I say it is cheaper?!! It is kinda ironic but the majority of USC pharmacy students graduated from UCLA.

Correct, I know lots of Bruins at USC Pharm.

If you get into the TAP program, USC.
If not, UCLA all the way....cheaper school with a better reputation. West LA is a lot nicer than South Central too.

But if you can't take the agony of defeat with respect to football...maybe you should be a Trojan.

i didn't get into TAP program. I'm a big basketball fan, so I guess I'm leaning towards UCLA. Thanks guys.