Western University vs USC Pharmacy School

Started by Dr. Salmon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Western University vs USC


  • Total voters
    3

Dr. Salmon

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, this post is for a friend who does not have a SDN account:

I got accepted to both USC & Western, however I am torn between which school to choose. I am planning to attend residency and I have little preference for the location of each school. With both schools having its pros and cons, is the "brand" of USC worth the extra thousands in tuition?

I know there are already several threads on this subject, however I would prefer an updated forum. Any suggestion would help.
 
Last edited:
I’ll vote for USC...

Their computer science or engineering department, that is. Not pharmacy.
 
Why do you care about how much tuition cost? If you chose to pursue pharmacy I'm assuming you don't care that much about money correct? Everybody knows salaries are dropping fast due to supply >>> demand.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Another pre-pharm who wants to be a clinical pharmacist and borrow >$200K in loans to work in the saturated pharmacy market but doesn't want to do retail
 
Please, if you have no constructive or helpful comments...keep them to yourself 🙂
Don't know why you would take the time to reply to say something completely useless to everyone involved lol
 
Please, if you have no constructive or helpful comments...keep them to yourself 🙂
Don't know why you would take the time to reply to say something completely useless to everyone involved lol


I can give you a solid explanation. The answer is still is neither. USC is a good name but its cost far exceeds the return on investment for them. There have been a lot of stories coming out of USC including the dental on how expensive it is. It is still early in the cycle, apply to schools out of state in way cheaper states and obtain residency there. You will still save more money than going to USC. I was admitted to a state school and will be saving a lot of money just for that compared to the other private school available in my state.