Western University vs USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Western University vs USC

• Total voters

Dr. Salmon

Reaction score
Hello, this post is for a friend who does not have a SDN account:

I got accepted to both USC & Western, however I am torn between which school to choose. I am planning to attend residency and I have little preference for the location of each school. With both schools having its pros and cons, is the "brand" of USC worth the extra thousands in tuition?

I know there are already several threads on this subject, however I would prefer an updated forum. Any suggestion would help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’ll vote for USC...

Their computer science or engineering department, that is. Not pharmacy.

Why do you care about how much tuition cost? If you chose to pursue pharmacy I'm assuming you don't care that much about money correct? Everybody knows salaries are dropping fast due to supply >>> demand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another pre-pharm who wants to be a clinical pharmacist and borrow >$200K in loans to work in the saturated pharmacy market but doesn't want to do retail

Another pre-pharm who wants to be a clinical pharmacist and borrow >$200K in loans to work in the saturated pharmacy market but doesn't want to do retail

Probably doesn’t want to move out of SoCal for a job either

Please, if you have no constructive or helpful comments...keep them to yourself :)
Don't know why you would take the time to reply to say something completely useless to everyone involved lol

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Please, if you have no constructive or helpful comments...keep them to yourself :)
Don't know why you would take the time to reply to say something completely useless to everyone involved lol

lots of helpful comments here. you just are either delusional or choose to ignore the facts.

Reactions: 1 user

I can give you a solid explanation. The answer is still is neither. USC is a good name but its cost far exceeds the return on investment for them. There have been a lot of stories coming out of USC including the dental on how expensive it is. It is still early in the cycle, apply to schools out of state in way cheaper states and obtain residency there. You will still save more money than going to USC. I was admitted to a state school and will be saving a lot of money just for that compared to the other private school available in my state.