Undergraduate Laughed at Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a question wrong because you didn't know that linezolid can cause serotonin syndrome. He gets a question wrong because he can't apply advanced thermodynamics (g-loaded). OP, the first two years of med school are a joke. Get over yourself. The sooner you realize you aren't special the sooner your life will be for the better and you will do better with other people in the hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
You get a question wrong because you didn't know that linezolid can cause serotonin syndrome. He gets a question wrong because he can't apply advanced thermodynamics (g-loaded). OP, the first two years of med school are a joke. Get over yourself. The sooner you realize you aren't special the sooner your life will be for the better and you will do better with other people in the hospital.
Lol does anyone not understand what freshman chemistry means? And I doubt your in medical school yourself because no one who is actually in medical school thinks that. Get off your high horse. If they were a joke, explain the justification for the admissions process. Oh forgot about that did you. I've been searching on google and a lot of people are saying that they're different and that medical school by nature is difficult because of the amount of information they throw at you

Lol does anyone not understand what freshman chemistry means?
Yeah. We all took it. It honestly makes you look worse that you continue to insinuate your friend is beneath you instead of just realizing your ego is incredibly fragile and you should buffer it soon before the real world starts

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol does anyone not understand what freshman chemistry means? And I doubt your in medical school yourself because no one who is actually in medical school thinks that.
All I know is that a college freshman (why are you talking to this person???) is clowning on you and you are repeatedly getting dunked on here. I don't think the problem is external here.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
All I know is that a college freshman (why are you talking to this person???) is clowning on you and you are repeatedly getting dunked on here. I don't think the problem is external here.
You literally just said medical school is a joke. Let me ask you, what residency are you going too? What speciality? Harvard derm? I thought everyone could do that. Unfortunately facts dont care about your feelings

You literally just said medical school is a joke. Let me ask you, what residency are you going too? What speciality? Harvard derm? I thought everyone could do that. Unfortunately facts dont care about your feelings
Haha good ninja edit on the other post. The first two years of medical school is memorizing a bunch of facts and using a minimal amount of intelligence to barely apply them via practice questions. There are very few topics that require a lot of critical thinking in the first two years. Applying the knowledge in year 3 and beyond is a different story and requires the development of a way of thinking. Let's just put it this way, the MCAT is a far more G loaded test than step 1. Step 1 is hard because you cannot know everything. Medical school is competitive to enter because of its prestige and money, not because it only selects for the best because only the best could complete it.

Reactions: 2 users
The responsss in this thread maybe explain why we keep losing to midlevels
I'm done with this because it ain't going anywhere but you're in for a rude awakening. You have the emotional maturity of a teenager and your incessant need for external validation is gonna come back to burn ya later on in this journey. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha good ninja edit on the other post. The first two years of medical school is memorizing a bunch of facts and using a minimal amount of intelligence to barely apply them via practice questions. There are very few topics that require a lot of critical thinking in the first two years. Applying the knowledge in year 3 and beyond is a different story and requires the development of a way of thinking. Let's just put it this way, the MCAT is a far more G loaded test than step 1. Step 1 is hard because you cannot know everything.
Didn't answer my question, nice pivot

I'm always surprised how long SDN users feed trolls.

Members don't see this ad :)
He may have come off as an dingus, but is probably right.

Most people say college was a harder schedule than med school (basic sciences). Especially if the dude is doing engineering.

Reactions: 1 user
He may have come off as an dingus, but is probably right.

Most people say college was a harder schedule than med school (basic sciences). Especially if the dude is doing engineering.
The biggest difference is the volume of material. What about 3 year and residency?

The biggest difference is the volume of material. What about 3 year and residency?

Yeah I don't think he would disagree that the whole process of becoming a doctor is more complex than becoming an engineer. But if his point is simply that an engineering degree is tougher than the first two years of med school, I would agree with him (from what I've heard).

Med school is more volume but engineering is complex as hell. I did some electrical engineering in college and those courses were literally 10x harder than advanced biochemistry

Reactions: 1 users
Warnings have been given for some of the personal attacks and de-railing posts in this thread. Let's please refrain from personal attacks and avoid getting into personal arguments.

Reactions: 1 users
These basic threads pop up every couple weeks. "Who has a worse life/Who has it tougher" arguments are completely pointless to get in. The other person has no concept of what medical school is like so you aren't going to convince them that you are busier. And the longer you go on with it the bigger an a-hole you come across as because you essentially start sounding like you are trying to convince someone who is busy/feels busy that they are not busy.

Nobody likes the guy who gets into arguments with the nurses about how they don't have a right to feel stressed out and busy because he's busier.

Last edited:
What if I supported taking away your salary?

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.