UNE Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by deleted1070139
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my application on 6/1, got the application received email on 6/8, and the supplemental fee invite on 6/22! Hopefully this can give you a timeline estimate!
Thank you so much! I received the app complete email on 6/21 so I guess it will be a while before I hear anything about the fee!
 
I am currently working on University of New England's supplements in AADSAS, and am wondering would it look bad if I left the optional essay of "How have you engaged with the dental profession during the pandemic" blank? I already talked about this in my COVID essay and personal statement, but feel like it's too risky to leave it blank. Thank you!
 
I am currently working on University of New England's supplements in AADSAS, and am wondering would it look bad if I left the optional essay of "How have you engaged with the dental profession during the pandemic" blank? I already talked about this in my COVID essay and personal statement, but feel like it's too risky to leave it blank. Thank you!
I talked to admissions and they said you should only answer this question if you haven’t done any shadowing
 
They should have made that clear because I remember answering it despite having shadowing hours.
It says in the question prompt to answer the question if you don't have shadowing.

"If you have not met the 30 hour minimum requirement for dental shadowing, you must instead provide a statement explaining how you have engaged with the dental profession during the pandemic; for the current cycle, this statement will be accepted in lieu of the required 30 hours dental shadowing"
 
It says in the question prompt to answer the question if you don't have shadowing.

"If you have not met the 30 hour minimum requirement for dental shadowing, you must instead provide a statement explaining how you have engaged with the dental profession during the pandemic; for the current cycle, this statement will be accepted in lieu of the required 30 hours dental shadowing"
Oh, well I'm just confusing different applications by this point 😬
 
Submitted all my apps on 07/13 and just received a supplemental invite from UNE
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any updates? They changed my status from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete" yesterday
 
3. How has your background and experience prepared you to contribute to an environment that holds diversity as a core value? How do you see yourself demonstrating a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a dental student and future dentist?

I am not sure how to address this question. Can someone explain what they mean? I am a minority student so I know what that is like but not sure how to incorporate that here...
 
3. How has your background and experience prepared you to contribute to an environment that holds diversity as a core value? How do you see yourself demonstrating a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a dental student and future dentist?

I am not sure how to address this question. Can someone explain what they mean? I am a minority student so I know what that is like but not sure how to incorporate that here...
Just talk about how you like relating to all types of people and how. It's what I did.
 
Yeah an email. The subject was about completing an assessment but the next line was an interview invite !
Oh CONGRATULATIONS!! That def is an interview invite then 🙂 when did you submit your app? And what were your stats like if you dont mind me asking?
 
When did you submit? Nevermind its only a few replies up.

I am curious if anyone received an interview with a mid july submission.
I submitted mid-July as well (07/13), haven’t received anything since the “application complete” notification
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what were your stats and when did you submit?
Interview #1
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS (New England)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.3, 3.4, 3.65)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):?21/22
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 8/20
Method of interview: Virtual
 
Also, I should say - I had a 19AA, no shadowing experience, and no master's and applied last year and didn't get a single invite. If you want it, you can do it.
 
Also, I should say - I had a 19AA, no shadowing experience, and no master's and applied last year and didn't get a single invite. If you want it, you can do it.
But you wrote above that you had a grad GPA of 3.65? I think that must have made a big impact.
 
Also, I should say - I had a 19AA, no shadowing experience, and no master's and applied last year and didn't get a single invite. If you want it, you can do it.
I have all those things and still haven’t received a single interview invite lol
 
But you wrote above that you had a grad GPA of 3.65? I think that must have made a big impact.
It could be a strong secondary and being in the New England location. I got a 3.6 grad gpa but my undergrad was way worse with a 19AA and no interview here. Not sure if they value URM status
 
It could be a strong secondary and being in the New England location. I got a 3.6 grad gpa but my undergrad was way worse with a 19AA and no interview here. Not sure if they value URM status
Is there a secondary application? I thought the 3 questions in the AADSAS app were all we had to answer.
 
Out of curiosity, for people who got interview invites, how long were your responses to the questions? 3000 characters is a lot and I am having trouble filling it up to just 2000 to be honest.
 
But you wrote above that you had a grad GPA of 3.65? I think that must have made a big impact.
Yeah that is true! But I think the DAT and shadowing hours are important too! And idk how much the grad gpa counts after 4 years of undergrad!
 
Out of curiosity, for people who got interview invites, how long were your responses to the questions? 3000 characters is a lot and I am having trouble filling it up to just 2000 to be honest.
I filled the responses to the best of my ability. I didn’t get near 3000 just to fill space. I did hit 2000-2300 with strong and impactful essays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does UNE have a secondary application with essays or is it just a fee?

Do you guys think it's too late to apply now as well?
 
does UNE have a secondary application with essays or is it just a fee?

Do you guys think it's too late to apply now as well?
A friend of mine applied to UNE last year in late September and got an interview and acceptance, so I do not think it is too late.
 
Has anyone done the Kiera virtual interview thing? I just got an interview invite with only 3 days notice so I don't have a lot of time to prep and was wondering if anyone had any advice?