You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have not. Can you try explaining it?It's very similar to CASPR if you've ever taken that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that it’s just the Kira! 🙂What is UNE’s interview format? Just Kira or is there a virtual face to face as well?
Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview but still got in.
I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.
Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.
I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.
Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.
Last edited:
Yes! I feel like mine didn't go as well as I wanted it to. It was my first dental school interview too so I was definitely really nervous. Fingers crossed for decisions on Dec 1, but I trust that I'll end up where I need to be.Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview still got in.
I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.
Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.
D
deleted1070139
December 1st of this yearI saw last year they sent out decisions on dec. 15th. will that happen this year too?
Thats great to hear. those extra 2 weeks would have been killer to wait.December 1st of this year
Interview #1
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.2, 3.2, 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/18/20/17/16 for GC and QR
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/1
Method of interview: Virtual
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.2, 3.2, 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/18/20/17/16 for GC and QR
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/1
Method of interview: Virtual
Yes, I tried to prepare and felt like I did not do so great! Fingers crossed for everyone!! We got this!Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview but still got in.
I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.
Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.
D
deleted1070139
I had everything submitted at least a month before you so I guess I'm not getting a UNE interview lmaoInterview #1
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.2, 3.2, 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/18/20/17/16 for GC and QR
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/1
Method of interview: Virtual
It might depend on the person who is reviewing applications; you got this! 🙂I had everything submitted at least a month before you so I guess I'm not getting a UNE interview lmao
mspearlywhite
Full Member
Did any one do interview with Kira? Do you mind giving some pointers please
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DentinStar
Full Member
Interview #1
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VT
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 9/2
GPA (science, overall, pb): 3.38, 3.53, 3.56)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/22 QR: 17
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/22
Method of interview: Virtual
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VT
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 9/2
GPA (science, overall, pb): 3.38, 3.53, 3.56)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/22 QR: 17
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/22
Method of interview: Virtual
difrancshow~
Full Member
Guys, got an interview this morning. Went to check in using the Kira link sent in the email and it's not allowing me access...is anyone else having the same problem?
difrancshow~
Full Member
I emailed Kira support, apparently this has been an issue for them. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?Guys, got an interview this morning. Went to check in using the Kira link sent in the email and it's not allowing me access...is anyone else having the same problem?
Last edited:
This has also happened to me and I emailed them a couple of hours agoI emailed Kira support, apparently this has been an issue for them. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
DentinStar
Full Member
It did for me as well and I just waited a few minutes, reloaded, and it was ok.
will they still be sending out more interviews?
yes received one this morning!will they still be sending out more interviews?
Interview #2
School: UNE
Notification Date: 10/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14
Application complete date: 10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/19/No
Dates available: Do by 11/03
Method of interview: Virtual
School: UNE
Notification Date: 10/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14
Application complete date: 10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/19/No
Dates available: Do by 11/03
Method of interview: Virtual
Interview #2
School: UNE
Notification Date: 10/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/03
Application complete date: 10/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.26, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/29/No
Dates available: Do before 11/03
Method of interview: Virtual
School: UNE
Notification Date: 10/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/03
Application complete date: 10/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.26, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/29/No
Dates available: Do before 11/03
Method of interview: Virtual
Hi! Current D1 here, yes they will continue to send out interviews post Dec 1.will they still be sending out more interviews?
difrancshow~
Full Member
On average, how many applicants get interviews? Does anyone have that stat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ADEA Official Guide has these numbers for the UNE class entering Fall 2020:On average, how many applicants get interviews? Does anyone have that stat?
Total Applicants: 822
In-State: 21
Out of State: 771
Int'l: 30
Total No. Interviewed: 303
In-State: 13
Out of State: 280
Int'l: 10
Total Offers Made: 180
In-State: 12
Out of State: 163
Int'l: 5
does UNE send post december interviews?
Future.Dentist17
Full Member
if you mean like 12:01 am, I don't believe so. Seems like its a phone call/email during the daydo they send email at 12
during the info session they said they call and wait until at least 8am your time!do they send at 12
Last edited:
Future.Dentist17
Full Member
Not yet, hopefully soon tho!anyone here anything
Got the call around 8:30. Super Excited as UNE was my top school!
I just got a call a few minutes ago and I missed it ): they didn’t leave a message and they’re line is busy. Hopefully they call back hahar people still getting calls
What time zone are you in?I just got a call a few minutes ago and I missed it ): they didn’t leave a message and they’re line is busy. Hopefully they call back haha
Central!What time zone are you in?
Future.Dentist17
Full Member
ACCEPTED #2 @ 10:25am CST!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted, in Midwest.
outerspacedentalcat
New Member
what time did you receive a call?Accepted, in Midwest.
10:30 CSTwhat time did you receive a call?
difrancshow~
Full Member
Anyone know if they're still calling? Out here on the east, anyone else?
Does anyone know if there is a FB group yet!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K