UNE Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hello, what is the best way to prepare for this kira interview?

Members don't see this ad.

What is UNE’s interview format? Just Kira or is there a virtual face to face as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview but still got in.

I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.

Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.

Last edited:
Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview still got in.

I have a pretty good DAT (23AA -- QR: 24, GC: 24, OC: 26, BIO: 24, RC: 19, PAT: 22) score and supplement essays, and okay GPA (sGPA: 3.58, overall GPA 3.59), along with 200+ shadowing hours, but I absolutely did not do well on the interview.

Although I'm a US citizen, English is my second language, so I got extra nervous with the Kira system (it was worse IMO because I had to talk to the camera while directly seeing that the time is ticking -- towards the end, I didn't know what I was saying so my answers became extra disorganized by then).. I wanted to go to UNE but now I'm losing hope.
Yes! I feel like mine didn't go as well as I wanted it to. It was my first dental school interview too so I was definitely really nervous. Fingers crossed for decisions on Dec 1, but I trust that I'll end up where I need to be.

Reactions: 1 user
Current D1 here, just be honest, genuine, have fun and be yourself guys. Good luck 👍🏻🍀

Interview #1
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.2, 3.2, 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/18/20/17/16 for GC and QR
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/1
Method of interview: Virtual

Did anyone feel like they bombed the Kira interview? I was wondering if there's any current student who didn't do well on the interview but still got in.

Yes, I tried to prepare and felt like I did not do so great! Fingers crossed for everyone!! We got this!

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: MA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/27
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall, grad): 3.2, 3.2, 3.6)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/18/20/17/16 for GC and QR
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/1
I had everything submitted at least a month before you so I guess I'm not getting a UNE interview lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody who applied mid august get an interview yet

Anyone done the Kira interview able to give some tips?! This is my first dental school interview so super nervous and only a few days to prepare!!!

Interview #1
Notification date: 10/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VT
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 9/2
GPA (science, overall, pb): 3.38, 3.53, 3.56)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/22 QR: 17
Dates available OR your interview date: Before 10/22

Guys, got an interview this morning. Went to check in using the Kira link sent in the email and it's not allowing me access...is anyone else having the same problem?

Guys, got an interview this morning. Went to check in using the Kira link sent in the email and it's not allowing me access...is anyone else having the same problem?
I emailed Kira support, apparently this has been an issue for them. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Last edited:
I emailed Kira support, apparently this has been an issue for them. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
This has also happened to me and I emailed them a couple of hours ago

It did for me as well and I just waited a few minutes, reloaded, and it was ok.

Interview #2
Notification Date: 10/29
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14
Application complete date: 10/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/19/No
Dates available: Do by 11/03

Interview #2
Notification Date: 10/29
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/03
Application complete date: 10/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.26, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/29/No
Dates available: Do before 11/03

On average, how many applicants get interviews? Does anyone have that stat?
ADEA Official Guide has these numbers for the UNE class entering Fall 2020:

Total Applicants: 822
In-State: 21
Out of State: 771
Int'l: 30

Total No. Interviewed: 303
In-State: 13
Out of State: 280
Int'l: 10

Total Offers Made: 180
In-State: 12
Out of State: 163
Int'l: 5

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many interview rounds they do after Dec. 1 and what the timeline might be?

Got the call around 8:30. Super Excited as UNE was my top school!

Reactions: 4 users
Very odd... interviewed in August and haven't heard anything. East coast but maybe by last name? I am almost at the end of alphabet.

Very odd... interviewed in August and haven't heard anything. East coast but maybe by last name? I am almost at the end of alphabet.
I dont think I am going to get a call today and I am also on the east coast. Hopefully I will hear waitlist, rejection, etc. sometime soon.

r people still getting calls
I just got a call a few minutes ago and I missed it ): they didn’t leave a message and they’re line is busy. Hopefully they call back haha

I just got a call a few minutes ago and I missed it ): they didn’t leave a message and they’re line is busy. Hopefully they call back haha
What time zone are you in?

Anyone know if they're still calling? Out here on the east, anyone else?