UNE Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi UNE D2 student here!!

Calling all pre-dentals! I am a D2 at the University of New England College of Dental Medicine in Portland, Maine. Our ASDA chapter is having our very first event of the school year July 21, 2022 at 7-8PM ET. This event is free of charge, just use the zoom ID listed in the flyer. Hope to see you there! Feel free to message me with any questions!

Danielle De La Paz
 

Attachments

  • Acing the Interview Webinar.jpeg
    Acing the Interview Webinar.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 374
Interview #7
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01
Application complete date: 06/02
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: due in a week
Method of interview: Kira only
 
Interview #7
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01
Application complete date: 06/02
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: due in a week
Method of interview: Kira only
Have you taken kira already? any suggestions
 
Have you taken kira already? any suggestions
Yes, I have. They had really thoughtful questions and nothing you can necessarily prepare for as they seemed pretty random. I would suggest being comfortable talking on camera, while also seeing yourself. Do as many practice questions until you feel comfortable and just be yourself!
 
Yes, I have. They had really thoughtful questions and nothing you can necessarily prepare for as they seemed pretty random. I would suggest being comfortable talking on camera, while also seeing yourself. Do as many practice questions until you feel comfortable and just be yourself!
Like why do you want to be a dentist? Or questions referring to your application?
 
Interview #9
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/24
Method of notification: Email
Application complete date: 8/16/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: By 9/29/22
Method of interview: Virtual
 
Interview #2
School: UNE
Method of notification: Email
GPA (science, overall): 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21 Yes QR
Method of interview: Virtual
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: out of state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: By 10/27
Method of interview: Kira
 
Interview #2
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: out of state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: By 10/27
Method of interview: Kira
how long did it take for you to get an interview after paying the $55 supplemental fee?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they sending out calls on December 15th?
When I asked admissions, they told me they have so many applicants to sift through that it may take up to a month and a half after D-day to hear back. So maybe you'll hear Dec. 15th, maybe you'll hear in January, etc. I think it just depends, unfortunately :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was UNE?! What did you think about the culture at the school?
I had a great experience at the open house! It seemed like the student body had a great relationship with staff. Their clinical experience is crazy. I met students who have placed multiple implants and done up to 10 molar endos. As far as the school culture goes I felt like the students there all got along really well. I think the pass/fail system is really conducive to student collaboration.