artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi UNE D2 student here!!

Calling all pre-dentals! I am a D2 at the University of New England College of Dental Medicine in Portland, Maine. Our ASDA chapter is having our very first event of the school year July 21, 2022 at 7-8PM ET. This event is free of charge, just use the zoom ID listed in the flyer. Hope to see you there! Feel free to message me with any questions!

Danielle De La Paz

Attachments

• Acing the Interview Webinar.jpeg
    Acing the Interview Webinar.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: 3 users
Interview #7
School: UNE
Notification date: 8/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01
Application complete date: 06/02
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: due in a week
Method of interview: Kira only

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #7
Notification date: 8/17
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01
Application complete date: 06/02
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: due in a week
Method of interview: Kira only
Have you taken kira already? any suggestions

Have you taken kira already? any suggestions
Yes, I have. They had really thoughtful questions and nothing you can necessarily prepare for as they seemed pretty random. I would suggest being comfortable talking on camera, while also seeing yourself. Do as many practice questions until you feel comfortable and just be yourself!

Yes, I have. They had really thoughtful questions and nothing you can necessarily prepare for as they seemed pretty random. I would suggest being comfortable talking on camera, while also seeing yourself. Do as many practice questions until you feel comfortable and just be yourself!
Like why do you want to be a dentist? Or questions referring to your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #9
Notification date: 9/24
Application complete date: 8/16/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 21/20/19/20 No section below a 17
Dates available OR your interview date: By 9/29/22
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #2
GPA (science, overall): 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21 Yes QR

Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 users
Does UNE only do the Kira assessment for their interview? No live interview?

Interview #2
GPA (science, overall): 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21 Yes QR
when was your application completed?

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/21
Residency: out of state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: By 10/27
Method of interview: Kira

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/21
Residency: out of state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: cumulative-3.614, science- 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: By 10/27
Method of interview: Kira
how long did it take for you to get an interview after paying the $55 supplemental fee?

Anyone has any tips for the Kira assessment? Just got an interview invite today! Thanks

Out of curiosity, what made UNE stand out for you guys?
I really liked the small class size and size of Portland. Their pass/fail system sounds awesome too. Also, I’ve heard that they’re clinically very strong since they don’t have any specialties.

Has anyone received an interview (Kira) from UNE recently?

does everyone who interviewed get invited to the in person admissions day or is it selective

Are they sending out calls on December 15th?
When I asked admissions, they told me they have so many applicants to sift through that it may take up to a month and a half after D-day to hear back. So maybe you'll hear Dec. 15th, maybe you'll hear in January, etc. I think it just depends, unfortunately :/

i’m a current D1 at UNE so if anyone has questions feel free to message me! best of luck on 12/15!

How was UNE?! What did you think about the culture at the school?
I had a great experience at the open house! It seemed like the student body had a great relationship with staff. Their clinical experience is crazy. I met students who have placed multiple implants and done up to 10 molar endos. As far as the school culture goes I felt like the students there all got along really well. I think the pass/fail system is really conducive to student collaboration.

I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I just wanted to double check. Does UNE notify everybody on 12/15 regardless of status? Or is it more likely to come in waves? Thanks!

Does anyone who has taken or needs to take anatomy know what the easiest online course to fill the requirement is??

I know someone mentioned this earlier, but I just wanted to double check. Does UNE notify everybody on 12/15 regardless of status? Or is it more likely to come in waves? Thanks!
From the way they talked about it at the open house it seemed like they’ll come in waves.