UNE Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone on waitlist to interview? Should I reach out with a letter of interest at this point?
im not on the waitlist to interview, but I did send them a letter of interest! they accepted it and said they would add it to my application. it doesn't hurt and they encourage it from what i could tell.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got rejected today.
bg: Canadian Undergrad, cGPA 3.64, science GPA 3.69 (updated
500+h shadowing+volunter
Two papers under review

Rejected me because of my DAT score probably

Last edited:
Got rejected today.
bg: Canadian Undergrad, cGPA 3.72, science GPA 3.86
500+h shadowing+volunter
Two papers under review

Rejected me because of my DAT score probably
What was your DAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted!!!!!!! UNE is my top choice, I'm so excited!! See you guys in the Fall!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i just got accepted today at 12:22 !! I'm truly in disbelief.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on the acceptance! Hopefully there's more movement still happening

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how full the class is?
The FB currently has 60 members out of a class of 70. Though I think 3 or 4 of them are upperclassmen who are there to answer questions. So the class is pretty full atm but there will probably be a bit of movement within the next few months.

The FB currently has 60 members out of a class of 70. Though I think 3 or 4 of them are upperclassmen who are there to answer questions. So the class is pretty full atm but there will probably be a bit of movement within the next few months.

Gotcha, thanks!

Just received a continued waitlist interest email. Did anyone else receive this? It says to only respond if you are not interested, so I guess to continue to stay on the waitlist we do nothing?

Just received a continued waitlist interest email. Did anyone else receive this? It says to only respond if you are not interested, so I guess to continue to stay on the waitlist we do nothing?

I just received it as well and I believe you are correct.

can someone please link me the fb group?

Hi!

I just received a Kira Assessment, what's the current class size? I am having doubts about being accepted at this point, and I am hoping UNE will take me.

Hi!

I just received a Kira Assessment, what's the current class size? I am having doubts about being accepted at this point, and I am hoping UNE will take me.
70 students, I wouldn't be! The Kira is the interview, other people and myself just withdrew our positions from the school and they are looking for more people to fill the spots. They must think that you are a good applicant!

I believe UNE's second deposit is today for people accepted! So make sure to submit it by 4pm.

Got invited for the Kira assessment today... is there even still space left in the class in April? Or will I just get immediately waitlisted after my interview?

current d1, don’t lose hope! my class had waitlist movement until the day of orientation.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I got waitlisted 2 days ago, how quick does the list usually move? I got into a postbacc program and I have to committ to it soon but I don't want to committ and then get accepted, ill be so devastated

I got waitlisted 2 days ago, how quick does the list usually move? I got into a postbacc program and I have to committ to it soon but I don't want to committ and then get accepted, ill be so devastated
When does the post-bac program start?

Also, I would put the deposit down for the post-bac. If you get accepted into UNE's dental school, you can always drop the post-bac program (everyone does this if they get accepted into a dental school). Some people even do it after a semester of attending a post-bac program - if they get accepted in December & the dental school doesn't require them to finish it. It saves them tuition costs & they can have some income for six months before dental school starts.

When does the post-bac program start?

Also, I would put the deposit down for the post-bac. If you get accepted into UNE's dental school, you can always drop the post-bac program (everyone does this if they get accepted into a dental school). Some people even do it after a semester of attending a post-bac program - if they get accepted in December & the dental school doesn't require them to finish it. It saves them tuition costs & they can have some income for six months before dental school starts.
May 30th

Is the post-bacc program connected to a dental school? I would plan to do the post-bacc program. If you get accepted into a dental school, finish the summer semester and start dental school. If not, work really hard in the program, and shoot for a 4.0gpa.

Is the post-bacc program connected to a dental school? I would plan to do the post-bacc program. If you get accepted into a dental school, finish the summer semester and start dental school. If not, work really hard in the program, and shoot for a 4.0gpa.
Yeah it's at temple

I’m still on the waitlist, and I was wondering if it would be okay to send a letter of continued interest at this point in the cycle 😭 I sent a letter of intent back in February!