UNE VERSUS MIDWESTERN IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greenthumb10

Reaction score
SchooL 1: Univeristy of New England
Pros:
  • Cheaper
  • Beautiful Location ( I love to surf, sno-ski and scuba dive…and eat sea food
  • Great community involvement and externships in rural parts of Maine
Cons:
  • Really far... I live in OK and Family is mainly here and OH
  • I don’t know as much about the school because My interview was virtual on Kira I didn’t get the school sold to me. So I feel like Im shooting in the dark
School 2: Midwestern IL
Pros:
  • Amazing clinical experience
  • No residence programs competing for patients
  • Close to OH…where parents are
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Not my ideal living area….I hate the Midwest
Summary:
I am leaning toward Maine because of the lower cost and location that I like. I can get over being far from family because I will be getting married and wont be completely alone. But what is holding me back is the lack of information I feel like is available online. Can anyone sell me on some high point for UNE. Cause Midwestern has a very attractive program if you got money bags.….Also I applied to air force so if that works out finances will be more manageable.

Members don't see this ad.

SchooL 1: Univeristy of New England
Pros:
  • Cheaper
  • Beautiful Location ( I love to surf, sno-ski and scuba dive…and eat sea food
  • Great community involvement and externships in rural parts of Maine
Cons:
  • Really far... I live in OK and Family is mainly here and OH
  • I don’t know as much about the school because My interview was virtual on Kira I didn’t get the school sold to me. So I feel like Im shooting in the dark
School 2: Midwestern IL
Pros:
  • Amazing clinical experience
  • No residence programs competing for patients
  • Close to OH…where parents are
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Not my ideal living area….I hate the Midwest
Summary:
I am leaning toward Maine because of the lower cost and location that I like. I can get over being far from family because I will be getting married and wont be completely alone. But what is holding me back is the lack of information I feel like is available online. Can anyone sell me on some high point for UNE. Cause Midwestern has a very attractive program if you got money bags.….Also I applied to air force so if that works out finances will be more manageable.
cheaper

I would do UNE; you'll thank yourself later. If you are able to, maybe consider flying out there for a weekend vacation to check out the area and start looking for living options as well. Sounds like you would really enjoy living in Maine!

Edit: I believe UNE will have an accepted students day coming up? At least they did last year, I believe it was in January, but I don't remember. It would give you a good opportunity to check out the school and some of your classmates as well.