Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UNECOM space available

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by ugogirl, Apr 29, 2002.

1. ugogirl

ugogirl Junior Member

I am on the "accept space available" list at UNECOM. I really want to go to UNECOM! Has anyone heard of any movement on the list lately? I am holding an acceptance elsewhere but would rather attend UNECOM. Is there any hope?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Crazed

Crazed Member

I got my acceptance letter very shortly after being placed on the "space available" list. I'm going to decline at UNECOM (I think) today, so I hope that helps. It seems like UNE has LOTS of movement on its waiting list, so I think you'll be okay!

4. BadMCATs

BadMCATs Member

I was sent a letter on april 8th saying im in the top 20% of 80 students on the accept space available list. 2 days later i was accepted via certified mail. That list is definetely moving fast. Hope you hear from them soon

5. ugogirl

ugogirl Junior Member

I was sent a letter saying I was in the top 40% of 80 people. I called last week and also this week and was told there has been minimal movement.

I have been accepted at Touro as well but I want to attend UNE because of the cost of living and the fact that Maine seems to have better schools for my daughter. I visited both areas and Maine had much less expensive housing to buy and was a slower pace of life than than California. The public schools in Ca. scare me and I feel Maine would be a better fit for our family.

I am on pins and needles waiting to hear from UNE. I REALLY want to attend there and hope I get off the list. I hope they clear the list down as far down as I am!

6. ugogirl

ugogirl Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone out there has heard of any more movement on the list. It has been only three weeks since I got my letter but I am still on pins and needles. Last time I called them, they said there had been "some movement".