When will the COMLEX Level 1 score converter become available for those who tested after April 2019?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1016251

Do I seriously have to wait until May of next year to know what the percentile score for my COMLEX is?

The numbers are essentially meaningless because the percentile changes every year. If you got a 600 in May 2017-April 2018, you'd be in the 68th percentile, whereas if you got a 600 during May 2018-April 2019, you'd be in the 80th percentile. So what exactly does getting a 600 really mean? Nobody knows until the score converter becomes available for that period of time.

How can any program director reliably interpret these scores when they change year over year?

Here is a link to the score converter: CBT Score Conversion

Members don't see this ad.

Bruh, once you start applying and interviewing you’ll soon find out that no one knows what COMLEX scores mean. Their only purpose for you is to graduate with your D.O degree. PDs have 0 clue about COMLEX.

Why am I telling you this? Well forget about your COMLEX percentile and focus on your Step 1 percentile. It is infinitely more meaningful, statistically and for your future career.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Do I seriously have to wait until May of next year to know what the percentile score for my COMLEX is?

The numbers are essentially meaningless because the percentile changes every year. If you got a 600 in May 2017-April 2018, you'd be in the 68th percentile, whereas if you got a 600 during May 2018-April 2019, you'd be in the 80th percentile. So what exactly does getting a 600 really mean? Nobody knows until the score converter becomes available for that period of time.

How can any program director reliably interpret these scores when they change year over year?

Here is a link to the score converter: CBT Score Conversion
Yes you will have to wait till may, luckily (or unluckily) no one looks at that thing anyway, so its pretty much useless.

In general the PDs that use COMLEX will understand that 500 is okay, 600 is very good and 700 is a top scoring student. Anything below 500 is pretty much just a pass and will not help you if a program cares about scores. You can make a go of it without USMLE but you will miss options. My advice remains to take the USMLE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some DO ortho programs won't even let you rotate with them unless you are above 600, even if that could be 80th percentile one year and 60th another.

Reactions: 3 users
I got a 493 on comlex and 225 step1. the two are very different. i'm afraid my low comlex will auto-reject me with filters in place