UNECOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lifelover

pre-med student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! UNECOM is my first choice right now and I really hope I get in sept 07 but I was just wondering if any of you could share your experiences? Was it your first choice? Do you like it as much as you thought you would? And also where did everyone do their clinical rotations? I'd really like to do some of mine, at least, in rhode island. Is that a possibility?
Thanks ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

Its great here, I love it. UNECOM has a core rotation site in providence, they send about 15 third years there every year.

I am currently an MSIII heading to RI this August to start my clerkship. I will be working at Kent and Roger Williams Hospital which are located in Warwick and Providence. UNECOM was my first choice. THe campus is right on the ocean, and close to mountains for great skiing. THe learning environment is great there, very friendly. Have a very nice OMM lab and anatomy lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! It sounds like you guys are very happy there. Will you spend your whole 3rd year in RI? Is it hard to get placed there? oh and (if I haven't asked enough questions!) what are your future plans for specialty?
Thanks again!

Third year cores are by lottery if there are more requests for a site than there are spots. A few people don't get the slots they wanted every year, then act like they had no idea this would be a possibility. People buy houses near school, then get all pissed that they didn't get special priority to stay in Maine for rotations - but didn't check with the school before buying the house to see if moving in two years was something they should worry about.

If not getting your desired third year location would cause much upheaval in your life, seriously consider what you would do if you didn't get it.

That being said, I didn't get my first choice and live went on - I graduated and looking back on it, one year really wasn't a big deal.

lifelover said:
Hey guys! UNECOM is my first choice right now and I really hope I get in sept 07 but I was just wondering if any of you could share your experiences? Was it your first choice? Do you like it as much as you thought you would? And also where did everyone do their clinical rotations? I'd really like to do some of mine, at least, in rhode island. Is that a possibility?
Thanks ya'll!

I would also add that YOU map out your 4th year. You set up your own rotations wherever you want.

Wook

lifelover said:
Thanks ya'll!

unecom was one of my top choices--vs PCOM. Orientation starts in a few and I love it here so far! for clinical rotations, check out
http://www.une.edu/com/clinical/rotations.html

hope that helps! good luck

Thanks so much! Good luck with orientation and maybe I'll see you in a couple of years!