1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UNECOM vs UMDNJ- HELP!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by ZainZ, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZainZ

ZainZ Member
    7+ Year Member

UNECOM vs UMDNJ- which one to choose, that is the quesiton
    Help!!! I can't make a decision!

I had a terrible visit/interview in NJ and didn't think much of the area. However, on paper the place looks great and then there's the issue of tuition (about 13k less than at UNECOM)...

However, I loved the students I met in Maine and the area is beautifull and very peacefull...But is that worth the extra debt (which would add up to quite a lot in the long run). And it seems like the program is less well known ...

I've looked at the residency match list for both places but I don't know much about the programs so I can't say which is stronger.

Help!!!
    If you go to either school, what do you like and dislike about the program?
    Is "I like this place" woth 13k extra a year?
    Which school has competitive graduates?

I know these issues become more clear in hindsight, so pease share your thoughts, experiences, etc.

Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Shodddy18

Shodddy18 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Of course I'm biased but I would say UNECOM all the way. Academics here are great, but Im sure they are great in NJ as well. UNE is in such a wonderful area. Its a really great place to live. I mean I'm into skiing, and hiking and camping and beaches and nature and what not. Portland has a really good nightlife, but I'm sure it will in no way compare to what big cities have to offer, so if that is whats important to you, you may find it lacking.

4. Nate

Nate Missing
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You're welcome to come back and spend a day here with us and make sure your interview day wasn't bad due to stress or circumstance. I loved UNE also and I wondered if I would be more happy there and if it was worth the 60 thousand dollars, but I don't regret my decision at all.

This is a duplicate thread, there is an identical thread in the Osteopathic forum please feel free to contribute there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.