unemployment insurance intern?

Started by nampa1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nampa1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm a student, just laid off. I think I was laid off. The retail manager said that the pharmacy was cutting their intern because of low store income and the DM took me out of the schedule. I have called the DM, but have gotten no response. I've been there almost a year. Is there anyway to get unemployment out of this? The whole thing is shady. There was no notice given.
 
In many states, if you are a current student you do not qualify for unemployment. I say apply and see what happens.