Unfilled Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone out there post the unfilled programs for IM? I'm insterested in the NY/NJ/PA area.... as well as GW and Georgetown.

Members don't see this ad.

NJ/NY as of 2:40 EST
(numbers = total spots; matched spots in match; still empty)

Mountainside Hosp-NJ
Ruth Wong-Liang 1393140C0 5 4 1
P: 973-680-7860
F: 973-429-6575
[email protected]

Overlook Hospital-NJ
Douglas Ratner 1408140C0 5 4 1
P: 908-522-2968
F: (908) 522-0804
[email protected]

Seton Hall Univ-Grad Med Ed-NJ
Ernest Federici 3194140C0 4 3 1
F: 908-351-7930
[email protected]

Dennis Cleri 3194140C1 5 4 1
P: 609-599-5061
F: 609-599-6232
[email protected]

UMDNJ-R W Johnson-Camden
Glenn Newell 1380140C0 10 8 2
F: 856-968-9587
[email protected]

Interfaith Med Ctr-NY
Eric Jaffe 1425140M0 4 1 3
P: 718-613-4063
F: 718-613-4893
[email protected]

N Shore U-Forest Hills-NY
Neeta Shah 2062140C0 3 1 2
P: 718-830-4358
[email protected]

NY Methodist Hospital-NY
Harvey Dosik 1429140M0 2 0 2
P: 718-780-5246
F: 718-780-3259
[email protected]

North General Hosp-NY
Linda Williams 1479140C0 8 4 4
F: 212-423-4399
[email protected]

St Barnabas Hosp-NY
James Hellerman 3113140C0 4 0 4
P: 718-960-6201
[email protected]

Thanks for posting that sonictooth. Could you post the unfilled programs in Texas please. Just curious. Thanks, Crypt

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the entire list...or Arizona, Oregon, Chicago, WIsconsin, Illinois?

Having trouble posting the list:

For categoricals
AZ-
4 spots open at St. Josephs

IL- No open spots

IA-
One spot at central Iowa Health System

WI - No Open spots

Missouri-

One Spot at Barnes

TN-

2 at Vanderbilt
5 at U Tenn Knoxville

PS- I matched, the list got sent to a buddy of mine in the Urology match on accident

Wow, Barnes and Vandy didn't fill. I wonder if they just decided to take less people than they had originally listed.

Originally posted by johnd
Wow, Barnes and Vandy didn't fill. I wonder if they just decided to take less people than they had originally listed.

Barnes and Vandy not filling actually doesn't surprise me all that much. They both suffer from being in undesirable locations, and Barnes did a very poor job of impressing people during the interview day (nobody seemed too impressed with them on the trail).

what's so wrong with Nashville and St. Louis? they're both decent towns...

Originally posted by Kalel
Barnes and Vandy not filling actually doesn't surprise me all that much. They both suffer from being in undesirable locations, and Barnes did a very poor job of impressing people during the interview day (nobody seemed too impressed with them on the trail).

I still think it is surprising. A lot of programs that are considered quite a bit inferior to Vandy & WashU and are in even crappier places filled.

a little surprised at a few of the unfilled categorical spots...Barnes-Jewish, Vanderbilt, New Mexico, and Mississippi are all programs that usually go filled.

The one surprise for me was Wake Forest -- that was up there on my list :eek: Not just that they didn't fill, but in spectacular (20/26) fashion. Maybe I'll be working with a bunch of Derm wanna-be's if it comes to that :)

Barnes also -- makes me wish I had kept my interview there. Then again, someone told me today that St Louis is now the murder capital of the US (unverified!).

St. Louis has been rated one of the worst cities to live in, especially for women. Too bad, it's a great baseball town.
A lot of these places that didn't fill should have probably interviewed a few more people. It warms my heart to see Vandy not fill since they dissed my wife....(I guess I'm still a little bitter...lol)
Goood luck tomorrow everyone.

Anyone else surprised that VA GREATER LA HLTH SYS-CA only filled 10 out of 16 spots? Even LAC-USC filled. Does it have anything to do with their impending merger with Cedars? How could they have so many spots remaining? Sure, it's a VA, but it filled last year, and it's in a great area (near UCLA in Westwood). Interesting...

Barnes was pretty high on my list, I wonder if that means Barnes or higher for me? :confused:

Originally posted by mediocre
Anyone else surprised that VA GREATER LA HLTH SYS-CA only filled 10 out of 16 spots? Even LAC-USC filled. Does it have anything to do with their impending merger with Cedars? How could they have so many spots remaining? Sure, it's a VA, but it filled last year, and it's in a great area (near UCLA in Westwood). Interesting...

i heard it was a clerical error that caused that. but thats just through the grapevine. dont know how that will affect the match.

If you can, please elaborate on this clerical error Shebangs. A very interesting and unexpected theory. It looks like someone's getting fired!

Anyone surprised that UW prelim medicine didn't fill? I heard that it was an amazing program, and UW overall has a great rep in medicine.

Latest stats I heard (from Tuesday) are: 18 total spots, filled only 5?!?!? Can this be correct?

I'm an intern at Wash U, and while on paper we didn't fill, it's because one of our spots was reserved for a prelim intern in my class who has decided to be a categorical resident-- hence one of our spots went unfilled through the match (he obviously was not asked to reapply thru ERAS).

Just wanted to clear up the confusion. Congrats to everyone on matching!