uni doesnt want to give high GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoiba

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My uni gave very low GPA to students. the highest one in my class is just 3.9/5 . Normally, each subject only one or two is/r over 90.. most people r below 90 n 80. I dont know how could there be so many people have a high GPA after ECE, as it doesnt seem to happen in my class...

Members don't see this ad.

GPA's are out of 4 not 5.

I know it's out of 4in US, but I said 5 cuz it's in my country and it's the GPA before the ECE,(the ECE will transit it into 4) cuz in my country it's 5
100=5 95=4.5
90=4
80-3

Members don't see this ad :)
You will have to first send it to ECE and see what you got. You get what you get, there is nothing you can do about it.
I had a low GPA since my school had grading system but was almost like if it was "pass" or "fail". My school was famous for not wanting to make students too confident about their abilities and feeding their ego too much or creating competition among them. They would always give a marginal pass type of grade to stimulate students to keep up working hard.

Once I explained that during my interview , they understood.

One thing that might also help is ask for ranking.. Perhaps proving that you were in a decent raking within your classmates will solve the low GPA issue..

You will have to first send it to ECE and see what you got. You get what you get, there is nothing you can do about it.
I had a low GPA since my school had grading system but was almost like if it was "pass" or "fail". My school was famous for not wanting to make students too confident about their abilities and feeding their ego too much or creating competition among them. They would always give a marginal pass type of grade to stimulate students to keep up working hard.

Once I explained that during my interview , they understood.

One thing that might also help is ask for ranking.. Perhaps proving that you were in a decent raking within your classmates will solve the low GPA issue..

Can you elaborate on your school's grading system a little by mentioning a sample about it? Because I might have the same issue since my school is also not one of those who would give out grades just like that......

Can you elaborate on your school's grading system a little by mentioning a sample about it? Because I might have the same issue since my school is also not one of those who would give out grades just like that......

My school grading went from 0-10, being 5 a minimum to get a pass. They would rarely give anyone more than a 8.5
So that affected everyones GPA in general.

What I had to do was ask my school for ranking records (if they are not pass and fail they are able to rank you on your class) and I was able to show Iw as on the top 10% of my class even though my GPA here translated as a 2.88!

My uni gave very low GPA to students. the highest one in my class is just 3.9/5 . Normally, each subject only one or two is/r over 90.. most people r below 90 n 80. I dont know how could there be so many people have a high GPA after ECE, as it doesnt seem to happen in my class...

Don't stress too much about your GPA. Obviously, there's nothing you can do about it. Some (if not most) U.S schools are aware that GPA's depend on which which school you graduated from, and that's why they have other criteria by which they accept students.