Unicorn Jobs: What Exactly is This?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This comes from a pre-pharmacy student who probably thinks Calculus is a tough subject. LOL I have a BS in biomedical engineering with a GPA of 3.89 and I am already working on a Masters and will be applying to MD/PhD programs. Thank you very much! I have already taken MCAT Test 3 without studying to see what areas I need to focus on. I scored a 36. Eat that!!!

For those of you who are wondering why I am on a pharmacy forum. I am part of a committee at our university hospital assessing the rising cost of health care. Guess what? People on the committee, especially physicians were scratching their heads when they found out how much the hospital was paying pharmacists. They consider the department a financial drain. However, the administrators on the committee agree that the salary for pharmacists will come down significantly. Interestingly, the two pharmacists on the committee could not justify the high salaries and actually agreed that salaries could be adjusted. At this point they have eliminated all open "clinical" pharmacy positions. This is just a tip of whats to come.

Dude the MCAT 3 is super easy so that doesnt even count even if you are telling the truth when you are accusing everyone else of lying. Talk about Fairyland ;)

Last edited:
I would hate to be on a healthcare team with any of you lol. You're all power-hungry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deleted.

There's no need to kick someone when she's already down. I hope you will find your peace.

LOL I am already down? LOL And you count pills for a living? Good luck to all of you. :)

Dude the MCAT 3 is super easy so that doesnt even count even if you are telling the truth when you are accusing everyone else of lying. Talk about Fairyland ;)

I dare you to take it! :)

Then again, you pharmacists are all scholars.

I dare you to take it! :)

Then again, you pharmacists are all scholars.
I already have that's why I know its easy. Remember I got in to medical school? So that means I took the MCAT. You really are a genius

Time to pull a Z on this thread...

So I'm trying to decide on an Audi S-series vs. BMW 550....DISCUSS!

Oh and CANON is WAAAAYYY better than Nikon. Discuss!

So I bought pants today during my lunch break...worst idea ever, the mall was a zoo. I just parked in employee parking because I'm in a dress shirt + tie and look like an employee. Win win win win win. Was in and out in like 15mins.

Reactions: 1 user
So I bought pants today during my lunch break...worst idea ever, the mall was a zoo. I just parked in employee parking because I'm in a dress shirt + tie and look like an employee. Win win win win win. Was in and out in like 15mins.

Oh my gosh, I hate going to the mall. That's an impressive feat though...in and out in 15 mins? Nice work!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh, I hate going to the mall. That's an impressive feat though...in and out in 15 mins? Nice work!

I power walk...it's what's left of living on the east coast, oh and my cold tolerance.

Thank goodness it isn't late November though...I'm promptly doing all of my shopping at work on amazon

I've not seen a Z post in months. I wonder what has become of him. I'm guessing I'll still run into him a midyear though...

I miss the thread derailment, haha....and SpirivaSunrise too, where'd she go? She's my SDN crush =(

I hate trolls.

At my local mall, people always try and park in one lot. That lot is always full, but it they go into east lot, there is pretty of parking. It is also next to the food court.

Looks like you scholars turned down your med school acceptances to count pills at work and engage in intelligent conversations on SDN.:p

As a lifelong Canon guy, ehh No.

Yeah, I've kind of got to agree with this one. My Canon is a workhorse, but man what a Nikon can do!

It's probably one of those "grass is always greener things," but who knows...

funny-football-game-photographers-camera-nikon-cannon-pics.jpg

Yeah, I've kind of got to agree with this one. My Canon is a workhorse, but man what a Nikon can do!

It's probably one of those "grass is always greener things," but who knows...

funny-football-game-photographers-camera-nikon-cannon-pics.jpg
I love it...hahahahahh

She's very active on the Facebook.

Has a cute puppy!

I'm not enough of a real person to be friends w/ her on FB =(

I'm still confettiflyer, SDN enigma.

I think I only have 3 people from here crossed over onto FB.

I was tempted to emulate you and discuss something about farm equipment, but you swooped in like a seagull and did it for me.

I got rid of 6 Canon lenses... kept all the bodies and 3 EOS lenses. Now use u43 95% of the time.

OMG, Z is alive! What's up bro?

I am a pharmacist and I don't count pills, ever. In fact I am not sure the last time I've touched a medication.

Unicorn jobs see: Karm12, njac, Z,

Oh an anyone who thinks they are smart enough for med school should be smart enough to know not to go on to a healthcare professional forum and spout out bad things about other professions when they 1. aren't in medical school yet, and 2. use their own photo as their icon. Did you know I am a PHARMACIST and an assistant faculty member for a local college of medicine?

Last edited:
But now we must decide who, out of all the unicorns, has the biggest horn? I say it's between you and njac.

Oh an anyone who thinks they are smart enough for med school should be smart enough to know not to go on to a healthcare professional forum and spout out bad things about other professions when they 1. aren't in medical school yet, and 2. use their own photo as their icon. Did you know I am a PHARMACIST and an assistant faculty member for a local college of medicine?

Shhhhh stop trying to derail my derailing!!

Reactions: 1 user
Different areas, so hard to compare. I might do less work than her. :)

I would hate doing her specialty area, but I am glad that we have pharmacist there!

Shhhhh stop trying to derail my derailing!!
SORRY, had to say one thing. I know nothing about cars or cameras...what else can we talk about? Z, any good science projects from your kids? The dung beetle was epic.

SORRY, had to say one thing. I know nothing about cars or cameras..

Kubota is a tractor...not a car nor a camera.

No dung beetle lately...but the science of Llama crap and fertilizing are fascinating.

Done with EHR, CPOE, BMAC... never again. Now have time to do consulting on the side.

After all this time, still alive!

Oh great, sounds like EHR will be a blast next year.

I'm just a little surprised someone as intelligent as Medicinegal misspelled aisle. Anyone here work on an OTC isle? I guess I expect more from a genius?

I'm just a little surprised someone as intelligent as Medicinegal misspelled aisle. Anyone here work on an OTC isle? I guess I expect more from a genius?
We should have the isle of pharmacists where everyone gets a bathroom break.

Last edited:
And she cut her hair. Which I think suits her well. I'd tell her this, but she disappeared. Baltimore has another missing person, I guess...

why am i so butt hurt about not being her FB friend? i'm crying inside. weeping. :arghh:

If you beg me. You literally have to beg. I'll send you one of her photos. But you have to impress me with your begging.

I think we just crossed that invisible line of creepy.

But I'll think about it.

+1 for BMW, just because I'm also entertaining the idea. Want to reward myself when my loan is paid off. A certified preowned 3 series might do the trick. Wife likes Benz or Lexus brands better though.

+1 for BMW, just because I'm also entertaining the idea. Want to reward myself when my loan is paid off. A certified preowned 3 series might do the trick. Wife likes Benz or Lexus brands better though.

Sounds like you'll be getting a Benz or Lexus....