Unique Situation - IB Repeat Courses - HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueSesameBun

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had IB coursework from high school brought over to my undergraduate institution, of which included credits for 3 of the core biology courses. I ended up taking these classes at my institution anyways because I believed not all medical schools would accept IB credits as suitable replacements for fulfilling requirements.

The official transcripts for my university never shows IB transfer coursework equivalents, so I had to have it requested. Also, because I "took the classes again" my university put down the credits I earned from these 3 biology courses as 0 (in their transfer report, but not the official transcript).

In the end, what my university registrar placed on my official transcript is the IB transfer courses I DID earn credit for, but the biology courses I took again were listed as normal under the terms and were not included up with the IB courses. There is a section on my official transcript for repeated coursework, these biology courses are not listed as such.

Long story short, my official university transcript which was already received by AMCAS does not indicate my biology courses as repeat, nor does it show that I got IB credits for them initially but that it was changed from 4 credits per class to 0 after "retaking" them.

Should I report the IB course equivalents as 0 credits and make a new entry for them as "repeated"? Do I also need to re-send an official transcript with this information, even though AMCAS already has a transcript marked as "received"?

Please help!!! I'm freaking out on that chance that this error on my official transcript will delay my application.

Members don't see this ad.