Unit Workload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1136042

I'm an incoming freshman, and I was intending on doing 13-14 units my first semester. My university requires 13 units for all enrolled students per semester, so I'd be doing the bare minimum. Should I take an additional humanities class to get my units higher? How do medical school view total course units by semester?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools don’t see units by semester but by academic year or in enrollment equivalent to a year full time if you were a part-time student for years. If your school requires 120 units for graduation you’ll need to average 30 units/academic year to graduate in four years. Adding a humanities or social science course that sounds fun might be a good choice so as not to require you to overload later of extend into a fifth year.

Reactions: 1 users
Schools don’t see units by semester but by academic year or in enrollment equivalent to a year full time if you were a part-time student for years. If your school requires 120 units for graduation you’ll need to average 30 units/academic year to graduate in four years. Adding a humanities or social science course that sounds fun might be a good choice so as not to require you to overload later of extend into a fifth year.
Very cool, thanks!